hand made knife

ivar

I've made three knives before, this is the fourth and I made it from 304 stainless steel and used automatic stainless steel in the bohlsters, it was very hard to Engrave in the steel and I put *in a little Copper.The handel is made from Ebony. I have been to see how silver Is placed in wood. So I made a plate from mahogany to let the knife lying on, with silver inlay and carving. I used an old knife to make a slit in the wood for the silver inlay. I used no glue just water. My problem was that I had no wire, so I cut out of sheet, strips to be used for wire. They are just not as redirecting and edges as good as a factory made wire. I made them 0,14-2,5 mm. It is very difficult to find information online *how to do this. TUTORIAL ON SILVER WIRE INLAY PART 1. He shows very well how to do this
I want to thank everyone for the great posts and all the information. That vill not a day passes, that I do not enter the site to see what happens here. Remember practice makes the master. I thank all, May God give you all good times.

Attachments

• 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 250

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
very nice looking knife. my first 2 knives were so ugly, i never did a # 3.

ivar

Mike Bissell

Elite Cafe Member
Ivar, nice knife!! The copper inlay looks good. Cooper is not as easy to work with as 24k gold. I also like your knife stand with the silver inlaid into it. Nice design. Thank you for the better pictures.

Latest posts

Sponsors