Hand engraving on the 2012 Grammy's

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I was contacted a week before the Grammy's to engrave this microphone for Jason Aldean. Didn't see much of it on the performance unless you had HD TV. They wanted some vine scroll on it so that's what I did. It was a little challenging having to have it done in 3 day, but it was fun.

Here's the performance
http://vimeo.com/36673086

Attachments

• P2020273 cropped copy4x6.jpg
    P2020273 cropped copy4x6.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 354
  • P2020272 cropped copy4x6.jpg
    P2020272 cropped copy4x6.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 311

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
You certainly earned bragging rights with that job, Mike! You're becoming Nashville's official engraver it seems. :)

Congratulations and it's a nicely cut job especially with such short notice!

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Congratulations Mike! Here's a screen shot that sort of shows the engraving from the side. (I noticed his mike quit near the end of the performance and he was fiddling with it trying to get it to work again.) :)

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Tira and Doc.
Here's a picture that would really show it if I could get a the actual photo. It's on Getty but they want $100 for the picture. That's a little steep.

Attachments

• 138849897.jpg
    138849897.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 70

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
If it were my engraving on THAT mic in THAT photo I'd dang sure buy it. Yeah, it's expensive, but what better advertisement can you ask for?

monk

Staff member
first- came the world-famous "cirelli transfer sauce". now this-- you rule, dude ! mighty fine lookin microphone !

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
At 54 I don't think it's called portfolio anymore:(
Thanks Monk. You know I couldn't use any of the the traditional transfer methods with this. It was painted with an auto paint which acetone or any solvent would have ruined the finish. Even clear tape pulled the paint.

monk

Staff member
you have certainly stole my thunder mike. a cnc machinist i know makes custom internal baffel plates for those singers with the cash. i engrave serial numbers on the plates, and each data set for the plate is saved digitally. somehow the size, number, and placement of the baffel holes is fine tuned to an individuals singers' voice characteristics. btw-- your work is far better than what i do on them. these plates are about .6" in diameter, and are less than .062" thick btw- i thought this was annodized. looks like it in your foto.
shown are top & side views of the retaining sleeve. the sleeves are numbered and matched to each baffel plate.

Attachments

• SLVESIDE.jpg
    SLVESIDE.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 2
  • SLVETOP.JPG
    SLVETOP.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors