Hand Engraving a Tattoo Machine frame

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Just finished hand engraving the steel frame of a tattoo machine. Some tattoo artists like their equipment to look classy! The pictures will give you an idea of the process that I used.
IMG_3865.jpg IMG_6786.JPG IMG_6788.JPG IMG_6790.JPG IMG_6793.JPG IMG_3873.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3869.jpg
    IMG_3869.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 188

JOEYS CARVED ART

Elite Cafe Member
It looks great, I guess I am going to have to engrave mine now. Have you ever engraved with a tattoo gun? I had never heard of it and a friend of mine, his name is Brent Pearson from Colorado was telling me about it and he sent me a paper that was wrote about it. It's about 20 pages long and it shows different styles and techniques that can be done with it. It is a very interesting read for us people that love engraving.

dave gibson

Elite Cafe Member
Nice work David, I do a lot of tattoo machines too. I've been in the tattoo business since 1980 so most tattooers know about me and many want me to engrave their machines as collectors items. Good thing for me cause I sure ain't the best engraver available. There's some pix on my profile, I tried to post them here but can't figure that part out.

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Joey - Can't imagine what kind of engraving is done on metal with a tattoo machine. Maybe you can start another post if it seems interesting.

Dave Gibson - your work looks good! This was my first tattoo frame and I can see where some tattoo artists would like to collect old machines.

Thank you Don, jkoper and dogcatcher for your compliments!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
yeah, yeah- i also like it. how did you do the stippling ? what kind of point ?

davidshe

Elite Cafe Member
Yeah, yeah, glad you like it Monk! The stippling was done with my rotary tool this time. I am getting more confident with it and I like the look. I admit it is a bit risky.

Latest posts

Sponsors