hammer & chisel work

Cloudy

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
A buddy of mine asked for a memorial stone for his dog. Though I learned to do slate ages ago, it's much easier now after working in metal! Brownie 001.jpg

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
I like it!!! Geat idea!!!
ea...

We enjoyed seeing you at at the engrave-in...
Love ya'll...
Jerry and Joan

Last edited:

bthomas

It was very thoughtful of you to create that, it will be appreciated by your friend for many years. Those of us that bond with our dogs hold on to those memories for our lives. It looks very good . It was nice to meet you at EngraveIn.

Bill and Suzanne

Cloudy

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The slate here is a roofing tile, as noted by the fastener hole still in the upper right corner. I'm a big advocate of " use what you have"!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
cloudy- you must be a hoarder-- like me. i currently have about 50 good slates just waiting in the wings for what's left of my creative juices. the best one ever, i did on my laser. it was a "shingle" for my family doc. she loved it. i do prefer the hand work on this material. yours you show here, is really nice. this material is perfect for handwork

Paulie

Elite Cafe Member
Matsie R.I.P. (4)arduin DSC08423.jpg :tiphat:Cloudy, that's a good exercise and a nice memory stone for your friend's doggie:clapping: I made a memorial stone myself for our Beagle 'Matsie' when she died last year. Lettering sculpture made in Belgian blue stone ('petit granite'). Every day, when passing the small tombstone in our garden, the memories come back. Greetings, Paulie Matsie R.I.P. (3)arduin DSC08422.jpg

Latest posts

Sponsors