Gulf Coast

This morning the first traces are washing ashore, and the stuff can be smelled as far north as Baton Rouge. Need a miracle. Mike

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I can't believe BP is taking so long to work on fixing the problem,when you would think that the response plan should have been in place and implemented last week!!!I think this is absolutely a tragedy for the environment and the impact will be even greater than Katrina if more help doesn't come soon.TRAGIC in the least.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
If not for the storm just after the platform went down I'm sure they would have been much further along in getting it contained.

Here's hoping the damage is as light and short-term as possible in a disaster like this.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It is here in the news on the radio too, the oil stain is as big as Belgium already.
The BP shares are going down.
Strength to all of you in the neighborhood.

arnaud

Frank P

Elite Cafe Member
shares.....
man man, what a disaster`overthere...
Reminds me of wise Cree Indian saying...`Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize that we cannot eat money...

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
the real shame-- theres more oil out west that's easier, cheaper, & safer to get at. oh, and it's on american soil !

Paulie

Elite Cafe Member
shares.....
man man, what a disaster`overthere...
Reminds me of wise Cree Indian saying...`Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize that we cannot eat money...

:tiphat:That says it all Frank:thumbs up:I fully agree with the wise Cree Indian's words ! However....accidents can happen everywhere, I guess it 's not that simple to solve such a huge leak at a depth of 1 mile below sea level:confused: Lots of courage to all folks in that region, kind regards Paulie:beerchug:

Latest posts

Sponsors