Guitar pickguard engraved

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My son wanted an engraved pickguard for his guitar. He also wouldn't settle for a quick brightcut. He loves fine line. Since he just graduated HS and will be going pretty far from home to attend college he got one. Just something to remember his dear old dad and even call once and a while.
After talking to Sam and others it was thought that a metal pickguard may disturb the integrity of the acoustics. So I made it about half the size of the one that's on it, to fit within the original. It dosen't seem to degrade the sound. If it does he'll have a nice big pendant to wear:)
The engraving was done with 120 square graver, 901 and monarch.

Attachments

• pickguard small.jpg
    pickguard small.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
Mike
You created a beatuful one of a kind pickguard, the detail and flow of the engraving is super nice , thank you for sharing it with us....

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Diamonds Andrew, he graduated from HS. He's not supporting his dad with hit songs. I should have in case he gets below a 3.0 he could sell it and pay his own tuition:)
The shading was a bit of a challenge Joe, because it is a large piece. I'm more adjusted to little things.
Bill, Rod, Tira thanks.

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I would like an engraved pickguard for my guitar too.......................

Very nice, Mike!!..........He should be proud of that.

How are you going to attach it?

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mark didn't do a pick. I've made gold ones used for pendants before for customers. The metal is nickel silver. I was going to use silver but changed my mind.
Brian if I can get a good picture of it on the guitar I'll post it.
Thanks Ron. I'm positive your very capable of making your own:)
Epoxy double stick tape didn't work very well. It keep slipping.

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
Pretty nice Mike. Yes, please do post a photo of the engraving on the guitar. Steve

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
So many kind words I don't know what say. Thanks to all.
John and Ron if he's half as proud of it as I am of him that's more than I can ask for. He's a good kid even with his long hair and pierced eyebrow. I won't say anything about either. If it wasn't for piercings I wouldn't sell many earrings, and the hair well it may only be there for a short time:(
Phil I think the well thought out design was done while watching Hells Kitchen. You should know the show the English fellow that swears a lot. Coming from you that's a cherished compliment.

Last edited:

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Christine We tried double face tape but it kept slipping, so we'll use epoxy.
Steve trying to photograph the guitar. But for me it's like taking a closeup of a freight train.

Latest posts

Sponsors