GRS tools and Facebook

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
I wouldn't mind giving up my 'public' information (it's public after all) but they also wanted access to my friend list. Couldn't do that as most of my friends are not engavers.
Had to pass. Bummer!

Ron Spokovich

Elite Cafe Member
I agree with diandwill on this one. Some of my Facebood 'friends' are not really that, and none are engravers. I could use a couple tools, too, and appreciate the opportunity for contest entry, which I also declined. GRS should have thought this one out before launching the contest in that manner.

ahenson

Ron and diandwill, the "friends" part is only your public friends list -- anyone logged into Facebook has access to that at anytime. Clicking "okay" for the giveaway won't send anything to your friends, get access to any of their private information, etc. -- it just allows *you* to see if your friends are doing the same thing (like entering a giveaway) and interact with them on a deeper level. I could go onto my personal Facebook account, look you up, and see your entire list of friends without you being my friend.

Facebook can be confusing sometimes, I know! You can read more here: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications :) Hope that helps -- wouldn't want y'all to miss out!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
nothin doin for me. i'm half in the present century and half in the last one

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It's also not GRS accessing the friends list. It's the sweepstakes application. GRS didn't make the decision. It does not invade your friends walls other than saying you signed up to win.

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I'd enter if there were an alternate method. I used to be on Facebook but got away from it. It's a major time waster and information repository to use in the future by some that shouldn't.:eek:

So, no entry for me either.:(