GRS stainless key fob

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here is a quickie stainless grs key fob that I cut for my uncle that I hadn't seen in many years, and not likley to see again in many years. I only had a couple of hours to engrave, and had to shoot the pics in the pickup along the way. Some of you may recognize the book for background. Never leave home without it. Anyone that knows these keyfobs also knows how hard the stainless is in them, and it made bright cutting a disaster on gravers. It's just not so bright because the graver goes dull during the first cut. I wish I could have spent a deserving amount of time on the flower, but I couldn't find the right size round graver to gouge out the petals. Enough excuses. I still figured I ought to post, just to show that I am not spending all of my time hanging out on the computer. Happy weekend to all, Seth

Attachments

• KeyFobUncleJohn 013.jpg
    KeyFobUncleJohn 013.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 243
  • KeyFobUncleJohn 018.jpg
    KeyFobUncleJohn 018.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 231

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thats the Blue Book of Gun Values. For those that don't know, it tells the approximate values of every firearm in their various stages of wear. It's a good reference to know if your being taken for a fool. It's a good basis for people like me that are not auction junkies and can't make it to gun shows but once every few years. And in northern Montana, you don't have much for gun show anyway, so you don't get to see much of anything.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks good Seth. Your uncle will be happy for sure.

I have a "Blue Book of Pool Cues". Must be the same company.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
well, all i gotta say, is, if i was to get this as a gift- i'd be quite happy ! so who cares your gravers went dull ? never forget, " when you have given youself, you have given the best".

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Kevin, nobody around here is going to spend more than a few bucks on a key fob. Especially on stainless, and silver ones would never hold up more than a day. They alway sit around forever untill I give it away as a gift. Either way, you have to make what you can sell, if you want to sell. I have learned some wierd stuff. People don't mind spending a couple of hundred dollars on a wife/girlfriend, and they are used to it, but they would never give more than a couple of bucks for a key fob. Another instance, women never buy the jewlery, they just admire it and perhaps tell their men about it, and the men come and get it. I have never sold a thing to a woman, they just won't do it. Strange stuff. They sure wear the heck out of it when they get, but they never buy it. Most of my stuff get sold word of mouth from and for guys. Always for a wife and/or girlfriend. Seth

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You are right Seth, there are some really weird buying habits here. People will generally not splurge here.