Grs / ce

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
Andrew as you suggested in the post thats been lock I did email direct GRS and asked the question ref the units differance I did this last friday 18/10/2013 at approx 8.00am their time and as expected no one has replied to the email, So who is not wanting to discuss it at all and as for your comment of What you have written is part mischief, part rambling and part conspiracy theory. pure speculation It is my opinions and as I see it all I have done is ask questions that no one wants to answer with no reply from GRS I have to take that as if we dont say a word and stick our heads in the sand it all goes away.
Ray

mrthe

I think that the problem don't exist,the GRS units selled in Europe are Marked CE

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Ratf24,
I am not sure what your motivations may be for your dogged pursuit of this subject. However I give you this photo of my Graver Mach, purchased in January of 2006. As I understand it the label beneath the data plate is the Label required under EU rules. Again I am not sure what your motivation may be. Give them some time they are a busy company. I have waited a lot longer then 4 days to get a reply from a company.:tiphat:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 246

phil

Elite Cafe Member
I emailed GRS a week or so ago asking exactly what changes were being implemented to the machines to make them EU compliant.
Here is the reply email.

Dear Phil

Glendo have referred your question to us as dealers for the UK. They don't deal direct with Europe anymore.

I understand that in order for their machines to be imported legally into the EU, Glendo had to make some changes to the specifications to comply with the EU Machinery Directive. I'm not really sure what changes they had to make but failure to comply with European Standards could have resulted in machines being seized by customs and excise. That's why models sold in the USA are going to marked up as "Product not for sale in the European Community".

Compliant machines sold in the UK after 1st October 2013 will enjoy a 12 month manufacturer's warranty backed by Sutton Tools and Glendo. Non compliant machines will not have a warranty in Europe.

I'm sure that the Gravermach you purchased is safe to use - Its a bit like house wiring or motor cars - the specs change but it doesn't mean that the old ones aren't safe to use.

Regards

Geoff Field

Geoff Field, Sales Director, Thomas Sutton (Birmingham) Ltd.
91 Vittoria Street, Birmingham B1 3NU. Tel: 0121 236 7139

I asked this question as I purchased my Gravermach from USA around 7 years ago and simply wanted to know if it was safe and legal to continue using. It seems all is fine. However I do not personally see why Europe cannot go directly to the manufacturer to purchase equipment. It is a global market nowadays and if the equipment is being made by GRS for export, then why cant we take advantage of exchange rate benefits by purchasing directly. If they (GRS) do not deal with Europe as the UK distributor states then can we not send our equipment back for overhaul and service? I personally know the lads at Sutton Tools and know that the technical knowledge they have on the Pneumatic systems is very limited!

rayf24

Elite Cafe Member
Strange thing after posting no reply from grs yesterday I now have one today passing off to get in touch with UK and EU agents as above Phil had a email from sutton tools stating changes had to be made yet sandy shows a machine dated 2006 with CE label why will no one will say whats changed. :thinking:
Ray

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Several of GRS folks are or have been overseas the past few days, so that can result in email delays.

No one can do anything to make everyone in every part of the world happy.
Business is business and few of us understand the complexities of international trade, rules and regulations, etc.
Times change and we have to change with them.
The good news you have options, so if another manufacturer suites you better then by all means use them.

LVVP

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam I agreed with you

No one can do anything to make everyone in every part of the world happy,
business is business, however on the other hand not everyone can change with them, unfortunately

But we have to.

Thank you for this post

P.S. Sam, could you remind me, where can I find info, how to put picture on the signature aria, please. I have my picture on the drive C:\.Thanks