Gravermax vs. Air Graver vs. Pulse Graver...or should i get all three>

awedlifedesigns

I have been researching so long that I am almost blue in the face.

I am looking to dive deep and make the big purchase of an Engraving system set up and microscope.

With no previous preference built for a specific brand, I am left with trial and error.

Hoping to call upon your experiences and cut some corners and metal really soon......

as I am typing this...
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently GRS is limited with stock on GraverMaxs?( which is my first introduction to engraving, and tried to purchase already but the Amazon Seller was actually out of stock and miscounted inventory; Refund in works) *is the OG still the leading competitor*

The Pulse-Graver airless has a sale with a A60 bundle and is so quiet but with 3600 count and a higher-powered option available in an air system, is it worth it in the long term, AND, what is actual need for over 3600 speeds?

Air Graver offers the peddle-less hand graver which I think is a terrific way to control momentum.
After lots of research, the ability to engraver and control with my hand rather than a foot peddle definitely catch me attention.

All this being said, I would like to use this system for stone setting as well.
===

Thanks in advance for all your help.
Look forward to engaging with this community for many posts and comments to come.
****Located in Seattle if anyone is local and willing to take some time to chat in person go over the types and techniques.
I am Mobile and willing to take lessons anywhere in the country as well.
Classroom settings and one on one

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers!

Last edited:

Travis_UT

I depends on what work you want to do, they all have their place. It would be best if you can find someone local and try theirs. I live close to Lee Griffiths, he let my try his Pulse Graver and GraverMach AT. They were both good machines but I ordered the GraverMach AT that day. I am sure other will chime in too.

Dave Friedman

Hi....
I am in Bellingham........ Been practicing 4-years. I have GraverMax AT, GRS sharpening system....... Leica A60 Microscope...... Glad to answer any questions.
Dave

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
pumpkin, apple, or pecan ? all are good. choice depends on you. you would have to try all three to determine your fave.

Winstonklein

Elite Cafe Member
I use exclusively my old gravermax for all my stone setting needs. I have never liked Lindsay's, they are extremely noisy . Pulsegraver is the most versatile of all the three gravers. you can adjust it to do any task, from setting an emerald to channel set or do deep cuts. If I have to choose I will go with the Pulsegraver, unless you want to wait for the upcoming GRS graver, it is right now in beta testing.
This is only my personal opinion, no science in here. Thank you!

Last edited:

brentcolo

O
I use exclusively my old gravermax for all my stone setting needs. I have never liked the Lindsay's extremely noisy for me. Pulsegraver is the most versatile of all the three gravers. you can adjust it to do any task, from setting an emerald to channel set or do deep cuts. If I have to choose I will go with the Pulsegraver, unless you want to wait for the upcoming GRS graver, it is right now in beta testing.
This is only my personal opinion, no science in here. Thank you!
What is the new GRS graver in beta testing like?

Winstonklein

Elite Cafe Member
It is an intelligently refined AT system . this hearsay in here. so please, don't take what I say too serious .

RonFinch

I have both Lindsay's and GraverMach systems. I like both and find both to be very good at customer service. I had problems with customer service on the other one and won't go there. In general the GRS/Glendo Graver Mach is an excellent machine that works well with stone setting and engraving. It's attribute is the quick change tool system along with established customer service that will be around in the future. I've been at the bench 54 years now so longevity of my tools is a consideration.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Try 'em all and see which one you like. In the hands of a master they can all produce world class engraving. I'm a biased GRS guy for sure and have been using their pneumatic systems since 1989 (although I bought a GRS GraverMeister and vise in 1980 but sold the 'Meister).

If you want palm actuation then consider the GraverMach AT. That's what I use for 100% of my work. No foot pedal required.

Far more important than any machine are your artistic skills. The various handpieces simply cut what you draw, and they all do it well. The pencil and your ability to create quality compositions is what will make you or break you in this art.

Cheers!

DocsEngraving

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Welcome to the world of engraving! Heed Sam's advice. Good words there.
As for me, I'm a pretty big GRS fan. I've been around for awhile -- and know some engravers that do amazing work with Lindsey or a combination of Lindsey & GRS. Having said that, I've had some GRS gear for over 25Y and it's still going strong; PLUS - GRS is hard to beat for in-house training. If you haven't checked out their training site - you should. It's not uncommon for their classes to sell out within a few hours... but well worth the investment.
I'm a pedal fan. But many like the touch-option. Just saying, in my humble opinion -- if you're looking for a no-regrets decision: GRS would be my recommendation.
Kind regards, and best of luck!!

Memorymaker

Elite Cafe Member
As I said before, I have all of them and the Pulsegraver is the best. I suggest you find people that have them and try them all. I know the Pulsegraver people travel the country letting people try them since it is the newest. There are plenty of people that have the others that would let you try them. They are all great.

Latest posts

Sponsors