Help, please: Gravermax Repair

Engravr53

After a year of non use my old Gravermax is stuck in the "on" position, it starts hammering as soon as I turn the power on. Suggestions on where to look and what to fix? Thanks !!

Mike A

This may be an easy do it yourself job: remove the 4 screws on the bottom (unplug first of course) and slide the case off. Look for a split hose inside. Replace it and any others that look yellow and getting ready to crack. I've seen hose at Lowe's and some have suggested pet store that sell fish. I've done this many times and only one is a real bear to replace. Otherwise, off to GRS it goes.
Mike

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
IF it turns out to be bad hoses, Mitch sells a "hose refurb kit" that includes a complete set of hoses for the GMax. Also, I think the hose coming from the unit to the handpiece must be a specific length for optimum performance (I think I read that tidbit somewhere on the GRS site)

guzzi

Take the throttle hose and pinch in half. If the handpiece quits hammering then the problem is in the foot pedal. If the handpiece continues to hammer then most likely it is an internal hose that has cracked. jb

Latest posts

Sponsors