Help, please: gravermach problems

phil

Elite Cafe Member
Hi all. I have a gravermach that i haven't used for 7 months. Just fired the compressor up, switched on g mach and selected the handpiece i wanted and the normal hum/buzz came from the selected handpiece. However on pressing the foot control nothing happened and there was no hissing of air as i remember used to happen.Tried changing handpiece selection and again the selected handpiece showed sign or being connected but it was non responsive with foot control. The air outlet hose on the back of the unit has been removed and pulsed air is there, yet i can hear no hissing from the foot control. there are no kinks or breaks in the air hose. I would very much appreciate help. If you would like to look at some handpush engraving and diamond setting please look at my website www.cuttingedgejeweller.co.uk. Thanks in advance for your help. this is a great site with some very talented crafts people.

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That's J.B. @ GRS. He's the tech guru.

Also, make sure the selector is all the way to one hand piece or the other. If it is in the middle, or not exactly lined up the hand pieces may not fire. Check that you have some pressure on the regulator too. Can't think of anything else. Good luck.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
hi Phil-

the symptoms sound like your foot pedal/throttle has seized up. it's rare, but it happens. flip the pedal over and see if the black plastic cylinder rotates when you depress the pedal. if it doesn't, there's your problem.

phil

Elite Cafe Member
thanks for your responses all. sorry about my delay. just got in from work. its 20.41 in the uk. the black cylinder on the foot control is indeed stuck.ie not revolving when the peddle is pressed. how do i go about freeing it?

phil

Elite Cafe Member
i had better elaborate. the black cylinder is not moving in relation to the brass valve type gizmo, but it is moving on the threaded shaft. is this what you mean? i really do appreciate your help.

phil

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks again all. Problem now solved. The black cylinder in the foot control has a locking screw. this had come completely loose and was therefore effecting the air bleed valve. J B at grs e mailed me back promptly with specific instructions on how to fix this, as not only does the locking screw need tightening, it must be set at a distance of 6.3mm from the brass valve.The response of the foot control and hand pieces is better than i ever remember it, so perhaps this screw has been loose for a while. Thanks for all of your help. Have great weekends everyone.

Latest posts

Sponsors