Good Ink Jet Transfer Printer

Tom White

I normally hesitate to make these posts as I get into some kind of controversy no matter what I say but this is just too good to keep.

The HP Deskjet 1000 printer is working very well for Ink Jet transfers
The printer can be purchased for as little as $25.00 at Walmart and the replacement black ink tank is around $10.00 just remember to choose greyscale or black only, plain paper, and crank up the darkness.

I hope this helps some that are having problems.

I do not recommend any Epson printer. They are not durable, they keep changing the inks, and overall they are expensive to maintain and operate.

Tom White
Transfer Magic
http://www.twdesignshone.com

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The HP Deskjet 1000 printer is working very well for Ink Jet transfers
The printer can be purchased for as little as $25.00 at Walmart and the replacement black ink tank is around $10.00

I bought one of those on recommendation from the board. It works great, but there is a downside. It has an electronic ink monitoring system that sucks. I went thru 2 black cartridges and printed 3 pages from one and 5 pages from another before it was "out of ink." I know it wasn't because I hadn't used it enough, but everytime you turn the printer on, or restart your computer it goes thru a cleaning cycle that just devastates the ink supply. Unless that Hong Kong guy makes a cartridge that bypasses the electronic ink monitor, you are going to be spending tons of bucks on new cartridges.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tom,

Thanks for this post on the HP 1000 printer. There is no question the ink jet transfer can produce a much finer resolution that a laserjet, and so I like to have both systems available. I looked at the HP quoted, the price is right, but many, many reviews mention that it has operational problems, and also that it gobbles the ink, as it does an automatic jet cleaning with every start-up from sleep, etc. One review says that it assumes the cartridge is dry when it has barely been used.

It is good to have you give us a heads up from the standpoint of good transfers, as there are so many printers out there and choosing one gets confusing. Have you any experience of using this printer over the long haul?

Best wishes!

Rod

Last edited:

Tom White

I have been using for a while and still on the same ink.
Perhaps I am the lucky one I don't know. I do know it has worked for me much better than most I have tried.
Tom White

PaulE

I've been using this for almost a year. I never turn it off and do all of my printing from this printer. I use the smooth side to print on. I live in the desert and the grainy side dries too quick and most of the time I don't get a good transfer if I use the grainy side.Many times I will also use a Sharpie permanent marker on the smooth side before I print.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Another question, Tom,

This is described as a "Thermal Inkjet" printer. Is that a different operation compared with a regular inkjet printer? Is it still a high resolution compared with a laserjet/toner printer?

I found this:

The HP 61 series cartridges utilize a similar tried and true thermal (super heating) jet technology that has been used on previous models for the last 22 years. Although similar, the nozzle arrays, contact strip (metallic tape looking area of a cartridge), printhead size, and ink droplet sizes are most similar to previously released cartridges (like the HP 60 and HP 901 series). These cartridges have proven to be a reliable cartridge to use and we anticipate the same performance for the HP 61 series as well.

Rod

Last edited:

Tom White

Rod,
The printing technology uses a heating method to cause the ink to explode from the print nozzles in mirco droplets.
Tom White

Red Green

Elite Cafe Member
Rod,
The printing technology uses a heating method to cause the ink to explode from the print nozzles in mirco droplets.
Tom White

Tom,

Are you saying we’re using ink steam punk technology?:thinking:

Bob

g.rohrbaugh

Elite Cafe Member
I have a HP 3050 all in one printer, scanner and copy. Just bought this a month ago after my other HP crapped out on me. I been using the 3M brand for transfer's and it works well for me. As Tom says set your printer to print black only. Also if your image isn't dark or black enough thats when your transfers come out gray looking and not as sharp.

Gary

Latest posts

Sponsors