Generous gift

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
Phil, that revolver is amazing! Would you be willing to provide the plans for this gun? Name your price, my files and hacksaw are waiting!

Joe

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Phil, that revolver is amazing! Would you be willing to provide the plans for this gun? Name your price, my files and hacksaw are waiting!

Joe

Joe, I have the plans somewhere, the problem is that they are bigger than my scanner, I would have to scan sections of it and then fix them in Photoshop. I gave out quite a few plans of the Mortimer pistol free, I think for this one with the extra work there will be a small charge.

Willem, enjoy the gun for what it is!

Phil

Last edited:

Fred Bowen

Elite Cafe Member
Howard Blackmore's book, Gunmakers of London 1350-1850, lists Wogdon under "Wogdon/Wogden".

His high end duelers are marked Wogdon or Wogdon & Barton as Phil mentioned. Maybe his shop made utilitarian guns and marked them Wogden. Blackmore does not comment on the spelling difference.

leo

Elite Cafe Member
correct me if I am wrong but u got was what they called a pirate blunder buster in the 18th hundred what they have done was grab what ever they found and put them together usually sometime they saw off the barrel down so they could be short stubby like and the were mainly use to board ship there main charge was over filed them with powder and filed them with nails and what ever they found ( a hell of a bang)that's why some that have been found have split barrel or crack likes the trigger, the trigger guard and the barrel look like they came from Wogdon or wogden they are the same maker I think the debate between the e and the o is that one is an earlier version than the other that's how gun collector know I think but what u have to research is if the side plate have marking in the inside

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you very much Fred and Leo for this further information, I don't trust myself to dismantle this gun but a good friend of mine is an expert on antique guns and I will ask him ( he hasn't seen him yet) for research.
Here some information about this friend, as you can read ( if your German or Dutch is good....) he's a real expert, so I hope he will have even some more inforamtion.

http://www.restauratorenverenigingnoord.nl/restauratoren/prummel.html

http://www.restauratorenverenigingnoord.nl/restauratoren/imgs/prummel/Der_Experte.pdf

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
Phil, If you would be willing to scan them in pieces and send them to me, I will stitch them back together, send you that file, and pay you whatever you think would be fair. Oh yes, I would only keep my one copy and if asked about it, would tell them where to get them.

Joe

Latest posts

Sponsors