Gatekeeper

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Is it that each pump of the pedal equals a stroke. Or just such a low strike rate that it is effectively one at a time?

mrthe

a air tool is better than a Ngraver( i own the two a palm control airgraver and a magnagraver II) because the handpiece is more little and you have not to use a flex,give to you more confort when you work, and the stoke regulation is more adjustable, about wich one buy i have try the 3 in the market , GRS , Lindsay Airgraver and the new En-Set , and for me the best is the Lindsay, all the way if you can before buy one try all the systems to see wich one is better for your work

James Roettger

Elite Cafe Member
It's a big investment, mrthe's suggestion to try before you buy could not be better advice. In fact I would hold off buying until you have a chance to try all types. You definitely can rule out anything that isn't air driven though without even trying it. All the pros use pneumatic. I like the Palm control because my feet can focus on keeping my posture and spine comfortable while I work. After hours of engraving with a foot pedal it causes more fatigue than a palm control unit. Also the whole tool is in your hand so there is no delay effect caused by hose length. The tool action is instantaneous and intuitive allowing faster application. With a foot control one has pause a bit and be careful powering up not to apply too much force. The hand is more sensitive than the foot. I have both Lindsay Classic foot control and palm control units and use both. With some types of applications like stone setting I still like foot control.

Gatekeeper

which one to choose...

Thank you folks -- I was trained as a hand engraver MANY years ago in Germany, been in the US for MANY years and I am trying to get back into it - but I would like to get a decent machine, I have zero clue where to start...budget is a bit of an issue, but I'd rather invest a bit more than keep losing money on tools I don't like. I appreciate the input - I am not looking to set stones, just to engrave and carve.....thanks for your time !!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
nobody buys a car without a test drive. the new toys all have plusses as well as a few minuses. test drive them all, and you will know what to buy. i don't know if all suppliers do this, but the tool i bought allowed a 30-day-return if not satisfied

Gatekeeper

Thank you folks - what do I need for a Lindsay system? I looked up the website and I am even more confused. And I have to get a compressor, too...all those choices, I am almost convinced I should stick to hand engraving, much easier to decide and at least I have a clue about the tools....

mrthe

with the Lindsay airgraver you need the handpiece and a foot pedal with filter regulator for the foot version plus the compressor or a c02 bottle if you want
with the palm control version ,the handpiece the filter regulator and the compressor too or a c02 bottle

Gatekeeper

how to choose

thank you folks -- I will cruise the internet for some info -- I live in New Hampshire - not many engravers up here

Latest posts

Sponsors