Announcement: FREE running wheat Illustrator brushes by Wade Wilson

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Wade has graciously offered some custom Illustrator brushes for Cafe members. I've put the post in the Tips Archive, so if you're an Illustrator user check 'em out. They are very nice!

Free Illustrator brushes

wowilson

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for posting this Sam.
Illustrator pattern brush_Running Wheat Examples_1.jpg
Folks, this brush puts a stroke on any path and generates a running wheat border design. I made this to speed up my layout drawings but you are free to use it as much as you want for whatever you want. If you like the way this brush works but would like a different style,(Nick and dot, single leaf, etc.) let me know and I can make it for you.
Thanks
Wade

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Maybe I can save the file to an older version of illustrator. I will try later.

wowilson

Elite Cafe Member
Okay let me see what I can do. I think if I backsave a file to CS then I could send you a file that had the brushes wrapped in it. If you are interested send me a PM with the email address that you want to use.

wowilson

Elite Cafe Member
Take down, photoshop and illustrator handle brushes in totally different ways. Your best bet in photoshop would be to take an image of a border that you like and "cut and paste" it to repeat the pattern. Sorry I can't be of more help.

wowilson

Elite Cafe Member
I plan on making a few more patterns. I have just been busy with other projects at the moment. I will make single and double running leaf, nick and dot, and rope patterns (eventually) if anyone has any other requests let me know.

Latest posts

Sponsors