Free Clip Art

Mick

I have found a good resource for clip art by going to www.doverpublications.com and signing up for the "Sample" offer. Every Friday I get an e-mail from someone named Mary Davis offering on-line samples of Dover books. There is usualy one or two on design showing sample pages of the books. I have downloaded and printed maybe a hundred or so of these pages in the past year that realy come in handy for jewelry design and engraving ideas. The resolution on these is not the greatest and I don't think they will transfer well but they are great for collecting a wide range of reference material. The other advantage I have found is I that can see what is in a clip art book that I would not have had any intention of opning, much less buying.

KSnyder

Elite Cafe Member
Mick, I got a few of the dover books and I think they are valuable for the beginners or advanced as well.
And worth the few dollars they cost.
Although not used all the time reference books are usually worth the investment imho.
Alot of the work in the dover books is stunning.
Kent

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
My personal favorite is Pugin's Gothic Ornament. I have a copy of the 1838 original, but I'm careful to not handle is much. The Dover reprint is a frequent reference for me. They also publish some good compilations of Medieval ornament and at least one on hearldry.

Latest posts

Sponsors