For Flintlock Lovers

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
Here are a few pictures of my latest Flinter. This one went to another gent from Alabama. I put in a shot of my attempt at script on the barrel. About al I can say is it is at least readable, I have the greatest respect for the old timers that fluid script with H&C. Anyway I hope that you enjoy the pic's and any help or suggestions please feel free to comment. All work was done using a 120 Lindsay point and a couple of flat gravers.

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
your fotos are excellent. and above all, i love your work ! these old style guns & the engraving on them simply ring my bell.

Charlie

Elite Cafe Member
That lock plate and hammer look liike they are castings. Did you cast them?

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Monk & Charlie for your comments. I have always loved the old guns and shot my first Muzzle Loader when I was 17 and it was love at first shot.

Charlie the lock is a Jim Chambers lock and I feel his locks are some of the best commercial locks available. The engraving is all mine, one of these days I am going to attemp to forge a lock but that will be down the road. I do have plans to build a nice set of double set triggers that I hope to build this year. They will be a copy of the triggers that were used in Rifle No. 42 that is in G. Shumway's Colonial Rifles of America. The owner of this rifle allowed me to measure and foto this trigger and I hope to make an accurate copy. I have the rifle stocked with one of J. Chambers locks and a barrel that was made to match the original and the brass is also a copy so if all goes well I should have an accurate copy of the original when I get finished.

Thanks again

ChrisB

Elite Cafe Member
Hay Bama,
Did You Build This Rifle?

I would Surely Want to Own One of These,!!!

I have Just Completed My RENEWAL of My GUN Licences in The Good Old South Africa,
I have Had My Present License Sinces 1987, but To No Worth, They Wan't to Disarm Us, that is the Non, BEE, ( Black Emporement Company) But in The New Law I can Possess a Black Powder Rifle or Gun Without A License,

They Just Do Not Know About All The Knives I have Available,!!!
In My Mind, (The South Will Rise Again!!!)

Charlie

Elite Cafe Member
You got the passion.

That's really all it takes to build that intire gun, "Lock, Stock, and Barrel".

Go for it Man.

What else you gonna do with your life?

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Chris
Yes I did build this rifle. I work full time in the engineering field doing 3D Cad design for heavy industrial plants like Power Plants, Chem. Plants, Refineries, Pulp and Paper Mills and the like. I manage to build 4 to 5 rifles a year and I enjoy doing so very much. I am glad to hear that you can enjoy black powder but sorry to hear about the disarming part. Unfortuanately the man that some elected President here in the US is wanting to do the same. We are going to have to be very watchfull or we could loose our freedoms if the current party has their way. But I won't get into all that here. We also say here that "The South will Rise Again" but I am sure that is a different south than what you are talking about. We also say "Keep the Faith" and "Stand together".

Here is the link to my web site if you would like to take a look, www.parkerfirearms.com
it will come up as Calvary Longrifles.