Foot Control people

Dale Hatfield

Elite Cafe Member
Ok so this has happened to me a few times.
I will fess up to it. Question is will the rest of ya.
I have 2 foot control machines that Im starting with.
How many of of you have picked up a Push graver, lined it up and then mashed on the gas?

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
I am constantly embarrassed by this. There are both PalmControl and Airtact units on the student benches.

I sit down at a student bench and forget what machine I am sitting in front of. Automatically start feeling around for the foot pedal - when there ain't no damn foot pedal to be found at that particular work position!

Worst is when I am demonstrating a hand pushed wriggle cut for Western scroll - under magnification, on the video screen - and the students observe my foot wandering around trying to find a home amongst all the pedals under my personal bench...

Brian

Last edited:

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I only use foot control when at the bench, both for engraving or drilling.
Yes when at the computer I have a palm control, never found a foot mouse.

arnaud

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Well, under my peronal bench there are the following: Flexible shaft pedal, high speed air rotary pedal, high speed electric rotary pedal, Airgraver foot pedal, a foot switch for the sharpening system and now the Enset pedal will be added in the next 10 days.

Way too many! Kinda carpeted in foot pedals under there...

When the Enset gets here, I'm gonna have to weed out the flexshaft - which doesn't get used as much anymore - and maybe the foot switch for the sharpener?

Brian

Arnaud, they do make a foot actuated mouse gadget. Saw a guy using one the last time I was incarcerated in the hospital. But you don't want to be in his condition and I imagine they are expensive!

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
youse peeple don't know nuttin ! i have engraving shoes. 1 glued to my gravermeister pedal. another glued to my lindsay pedal.handy as heck, but a nightmare when you forget and begin to walk away from the vise !