Font for 3 Letter Monograms

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
in corel draw, design the mono with the font you like. create a circle, ellipse, heart, etc. center the mono in that shape, then click on the mono, then the envelope tool you can drag the mono into some really user friendly shapes this way. add a hairline to the mono with the pen tool. then with the paint bucket, change it from black to white. you'll end up with a very fine outline of your mono ready to be resized to your needs.

Kevin Scott

Elite Cafe Member
Monogram book

Tira and Greg, I just ordered this book last week but have not gotten it yet. I ordered it from Hamilton Books. the cost is $5.95, PB, brand new, add $3.50 for S+H, plus if you order over the internet there is a additional cost of 40 cents per book. the stock number in my catalog is 7296452. The title is different, but the author and discription is the same as on Abe books. The title listed is "The Encyclopedia of Monograms: Over 11,000 Motifs for designers, Artists and Crafters." By Leonard G. Lee. 368 pages. Skyhorse publisher. I have been buying books from Hamilton for over 20 years and they are a great company. Sometimes though they are sold out of a title ordered. Order now, but don't take my copy. BTW, this is not the first time I have found used book sellers way over priced on books that can be found new at a much cheaper price. Kevin Scott.

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
Tira: Check out the Snell Bold BT at this site. Some of the letters are great, and some not quite as attractive. I've used this font in my classes for a few years now. Lends itself very well to stippling. It's a free download. / ~Sam

Boy this is an old thread .... but a goodie.

I can see why you like that font Sam. The fill can be removed and the thick bold type can be easily adapted to leafy letters with the help of a nice sharp pencil.

I'm a bit partial to TypoUpright BT for floral monogram lettering.