Fly Rod engraving

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey Silverchip, I always like to see a fly rod dressed up. Did you make the fittings & build the rod too?

More specs on the rod please? Pretty please.

Ray

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I believe this is a fast action 9ft 6wt 4pc.custom build by a rod maker in Canada.I did not make the parts but would like to make some.These were made by a custom parts builder.

fly rod images.jpg

Last edited:

santos

Elite Cafe Member
Beautiful engraving Siverchip, :thumbsup:
The fly-rod too seems to be a beautiful one .

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
Dave,
That's great, I've been wanting to a rod for myself after I saw the one Ray showed on his website. I've only got to engrave some old reels thus far but now the itch is back again, thanks a lot! lol.
Mark

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm trying to finish up another one right now Mark. I've been redesigning and developing mine. I have had several other builders point at mine and say things like, "ya their pretty but they are going to be too heavy to fish with" SO I have made it my goal to re-engineer my fly rods so they are lighter than my competitions and certainly lighter than the factory versions.

Ray

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
Ray, I was blown away with the titanium mounts you did and the gold inlay .... after, you shared with me the wall thickness for the three materials for seats. I haven't had access to any machining equip in almost 20 years so I'd need to stick to the old standards. I have a cool little old reel to start so all I need to do now is got off my duff and do it ....... one day. Anxious to see what you come up with.
Mark

Latest posts

Sponsors