flower pendant

ihsfab

Elite Cafe Member
I used Sam's basic design, its not perfect but it looks awesome from across the room:rolleyes:. It was fun to cut.

IMG_0677.jpg IMG_0674.jpg

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Kulley, I could be wrong but what I see is two sort of flowers one on the other. In a way that you can't see what is on top and what behind.
If the flower you have cut would have two sorts of leaves, it would have been nicer to have the upper ones on a different angle.
Now the flower leaves of the upper flower (smaller leaves) use the same curve than the one behind it.
So the way I see this, you also have cut what should be invisible as it is covered by the leave next to it.

just the way I see it, I add a photo to illustrate, if I'm wrong let me know. I did not see Sam basic design.

arnaud

Kulley.jpg

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Kulley, yes OK I see. Still it makes a bit of a difference the way it was done by Sam, he didn't use all the shading lines in the front part of the flower.
Remember, dark parts are in the back, lighter part in front or as a highlight.
Sam only used one tapered shading line on the front leave, that is why it shows more dimension. On yours it are the bright cut that add form to the flower, but the shading lines on the front leaves bring them at the same level.
Same on the border of the center knob, you did ad shading to it, that flattens all to the same level.
Try it, you will see the difference.
Anyway, like Willem says, nice bright cutting

Here is Sam's

Last edited:

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Kulley, here is yours, I only removed the shading lines of the front leaves and the border knob to illustrate the difference in dimension

I hope you like it and see the difference.

arnaud

Kulley02.jpg

ihsfab

Elite Cafe Member
I see Arnaud, one of the reasons why I used the liner on the center petals was to try and cover up a couple of bad cuts.

Thanks for going to all the trouble of showing me the different things with the flower.:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Sponsors