Help, please: Flask Supplier?

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My daughter is getting married. Her fiancée has asked me to engrave some drinking flasks for groomsmen's gifts.

Anybody know a source of inexpensive engravable flasks?

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Your daughter is getting married and you are looking for a cheap flask? Why?

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've never looked for a flask, but I'd be interested if anyone knew where to get them. The only thing I can think of is Things Remembered. Probably not the best flasks, but at least meant to be engraved...

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm not sure where to get them but I have heard the stainless ones from Walmart were impossible to engrave so make sure you don't get too involved in any stainless one until you know it is engravable.

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have a stainless flask here with three cuts on it. I will cut 440c blade steel, 303 stainless, and other difficult metals. After 3 cuts I gave up on the flask. I think I resharpened something like 20-25 times in those 3 lines.

Rex is right stay way from the stainless ones. Not only is that stainless hard, it vibrates like crazy even when you fill them with sand.

Personally if he insist on flask, I would insist on something soft like either pewter or sterling.

Ray

PS> as a side note. If you decide to go with the stainless flask you may be able to engrave initials on those with a Hermes type machine.... but I give you fair warning you don't want to try and hand engrave them.

Last edited:

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I just remembered that Silverchip might know where to get an inexpensive flask.

bigransom

Elite Cafe Member
Here is a little bit of variety of just flasks. They have pewter which may be a safe bet for the engraving work. I don't know what you call inexpensive, but at $50, these didn't seem to be outrageous.

A call to them may help with a correct material for hand engraving.

Hope it helps.
scottd.

http://www.eflasks.com/pewter-flasks.html

PS: They're in Plano, Texas!

Last edited:

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Pewter may cut easy and look nice but don't keep anything in it for very long,it tends to add an unpleasant taste to good whiskey or whatever you put in it. I might suggest stainless but add a silver plaque to engrave on if you can.The flasks that I made are now in the possession of new owners and are very costly,not really practical for this application unless you got a bucket of spare cash!!!!!

Robert Morales

Elite Cafe Member
I found this one at Academy Sports if I recall. I filled it with water and didn't cut it very deep at all. I found another more recently at the Walmart camping section. Problem is, they are poorly made. You'd need to look through several to get a "good" one.

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks everyone. The cheap part isn't me. The groom is purchasing these and paying for an expensive honeymoon. Lolls like I might need to give him an assist.

Latest posts

Sponsors