Flare cutting on Ti colouring four different layers, by Lola

Lola

Ultrasonic cleaner Willem, but keep it wet, don't dry as you will make it dirty again

arnaud

But first after sanding I personally think it's better you clean and rub it very well with a tissue dipped in aceton to make sure you clean all the dirt off. Otherwise you easily get "smut" and the colors won't appear that nice. When you take a look at your tissue after cleaning it you will see there's a lot of dirt on it. :) Afterwards you put it in the ultrasonic. And indeed, keep it wet without touching it with your fingers :)

Thanks everyone for the nice replys. It made me blush a little bit and gives me confidence. Last week I was a bit frustrated because I made a stupid mistake on a new bracelet... :rolleyes: I think it's normal you're never totally satisfied with what you've done? Sitting next to my dad makes me wanna do as good as him. But I have to keep it real hahaha, and practice!

Anyway I feel priveleged I get to learn from him :) Good times we spent together :handpiece:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
You're very lucky to have a teacher close by Lola, and it's especially nice to learn from your father. I always wished my son would want to learn engraving, but it's not for him.

As for stupid mistakes, I have made plenty of them and I'm sure I'll make plenty more! Part of being a good engraver is knowing how to fix or disguise those mistakes :)

Nice to see you posting. I hope you'll be active in the Cafe if you have time.

~Sam

RFS

Arnaud,

Nice bracelet. I was wondering how well the anodizing holds up on a bracelet? It seems that with daily wear the anodizing would scratch off.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
your daughter is an exceptional artist. you must convince her to begin posting here. is some sort of dye or pigment used when she applies the voltages ? it's my thought, at least with aluminum, that colored dyes are put in the solution. the electric current then bonds the dye to the metal. is that the process she uses ?

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
to lola: your work is quite beautiful to look at. i hope you will become a regular here at the forum. i think i speak for us all in wishing you a joyous, fun, and profitable career in doing this work.

Latest posts

Sponsors