Flare cutting on Ti colouring four different layers, by Lola

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I had to show you one of Lola’s last Ti bracelets. It has 4 different colours and was done in 4 steps by adding more cuts each time and lowering the volt for anodizing.

I think some Ti engravers here might like this idea I had to share with you. :)

arnaud

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Lola is becoming quite good at engraving! What a beautiful job and the colors are excellent!

santos

Elite Cafe Member
Bravo Lola !

Nice cuts for this bracelet. Was the barcelet domed after engraving ?

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Arnaud,

Your daughter, Lola, has an impressive mastery of her graver, her flare cutting is very smooth, and the overall look is interesting and professional. Well done, Lola!

Was the bracelet surface prepared by glass bead blasting, it has a pleasant matt look?

best wishes

Rod

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you Sam, I’ll tell her. Yes I made her master of colouring Titanium, sure it is not an exact science, as the colour depends much on how the surface was finished.
And to answer Rod’s question, for a flat surface, we use a “vibrating / rotating” hand machine with quite rough sandpaper on it. That way the surface becomes equal random scratched. So no sandpaper lines in one direction. And that is a texture that looks a bit matte and shows colours at its best. Another advantage is that it doesn’t take long and the cuts wull look brighter than the surface, even when using an non policed face and heel like Alexandre.

Santos, yes the bracelet was domed after engraving, it is only the second time we used the GRS bracelet bender that way, but sure looks better than just flat.

Thanks Eugene, yes I would love that in my old days

Thanks Jared, I will tell her, she is a Cafe member as well but not so active

http://www.engraverscafe.com/member.php?6679-Lola

arnaud

mrthe

Ti is a great metal to experiment with, i have just recived some pipe tubes and plates from a friend that work for Roll Royce motor components , i hope can do with it some decent works, but my first attemps in colouring it are a didadter hehe

Vladimir

Worderful!

Fine taste, exact sense of proportion, refined execution, bewitching feeling of luxury! All highest epithets! I congratulate on success! It is my first post at a forum and I am glad that it is connected with sincere admiration!:biggrin:

Latest posts

Sponsors