Flare cut Bracelet

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Now there you go, into the lead, Peter!

That's lookin' real good. What draws me in, is that you have blackened the bright cuts, and given a nice polish to the smooth silver negative space, so I can believe your engraved leaves and flowers are floating in a pool of clear water, wafting slowly, I can even imagine small fishes moving about.
Its after midnight, and I am dropping off to sleep, so this is a nice image to get me over the hill.

best

Rod

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Beautifull work Peter. And the way Rod described the image is right on top. I like this style more and more as you tell it is fun to cut. Indeed a lot of freedom and every cut inspires for the next cut.

The blackened cuts sure gives it more contrast, great idea I will try on Ti, not possible to make the cuts black, but dark bleu could work as well.

Thanks for showing

arnaud

Peter_M

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you all for the kind comments, sorry late getting back here.

Mrthe,
The picture is done with my old 5mp LC1 noting fancy ;)

Rod,
I am not sure about a lead, I am still at the hit and miss stage, one turns out well and he next not quite as well.Blackening the bracelet did give it that extra pop, I used Liver of Sulphur and then polished the high spots again.

Arnaud,
Thank you, I think Flare Cutting has a lot of potential and dose look real sharp and it is not all that time consuming. In Ti you will have all kinds of neat color possibilities I think, you can color the bracelet and then cut or do the cuts, be fun to see you experimenting.

Willem, Stewart, Monk and all of you who pushed the like button, Thank you.

Peter

Latest posts

Sponsors