Fish!

Newton Pens

Elite Cafe Member
I bet you thought I fell off the face of the planet. :)

Here's one I'm almost finished with.
Customer pen; not one that I made.

Brown trout. I'm still thinking about some river rocks and grass to go under/above them to fill the space on the other side of the pen. But I may not since the fish are visible a bit even when looking at the "empty" side of the pen.

Using properly sharpened tools makes SUCH a huge difference. Also holding the gravers differently helps a lot too. I'm so much more comfortable now. I'm holding it with my thumb alongside the shaft of the graver with my first finger positioned so it's basically pointing at my thumb knuckle. I think that makes sense.

glstrcowboy

Elite Cafe Member
I was wondering how you liked your new tools. Seems you took to them like a fish to water.

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That is a lot of improvement, the shading is still a little rough. Go for finer lines closer together for the darker areas. Keep cutting.

Newton Pens

Elite Cafe Member
:)
And they each cut SO differently. The 90 was great for most of the detail work and has become my fav for the most part - but the 120 (or whatever it was) was SOO SHARP. Holy cow it cut so much easier than the 90. Maybe there's a reason for it, or just how I was holding the tools until I got comfortable, or something, but thanks so much. They're GREAT.

Newton Pens

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks.
I'm going to take better photos later today. I think I'm finished, but we'll see. :)

Newton Pens

Elite Cafe Member
guess who just bought a GRS multi angle sharpening jig and three handle thingys! :D ME!

Latest posts

Sponsors