First rifle engraved after blueing.

CUTTING METAL

I have saved all the very helpful suggestions concerning this rifle and thought you might like to see the completed picture. The blueing did bring out the bear and other details nicely.
Thanks again, Dick

Attachments

• Marlin engraving.jpg
    Marlin engraving.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 277

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Love those paw prints!

It's touches like that that really make a work 'sing' for me.

The bluing seems to have highlighted the contrast in surface textures between the cut and uncut areas without requiring any bright or shiny spots.

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
Dick
It,s looks like you weren,t content to be a super coin carver and decided to use your great engraving skills to engrave some rifles, very nice engraving Dick...[ps] For those of you who have met Dick, you know he is great and very humble person, he and his wife are very special to me and my wife..

JBrandvik

Elite Cafe Member
Dick,
That looks to be a Marlin 30/30 336. I gave one to my Dad for Fathers Day a few years ago. They are great guns. Yours however is a true heirloom. Anybody would be proud to display that piece of art above the mantle. Congratulations!

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks great Dick. It's a good feeling of accomplishment isn't it. My first gun wasn't nearly that good but for me just getting it done felt good.

KSnyder

Elite Cafe Member
nice lever action Dick, one of these days I'm gonna get the nerve to cut a gun.
I like the open scroll work & the bear paws.:D
Kent

D.DOUGLAS

Elite Cafe Member
Great job Dick, Work that next design over good before you cut it! I am going to brake the old mans shotgun down for some cutting. Glad its not mine

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
the very nice thing here, it's not only nice to look at, it appears to be durable enough to survive a few dozen trips out in the jungle looking for deer !

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Dick,
I like what you did to the Marlin...the flow of the design, and the bear looks terrific. What kind of critter did you put on the other side? See you at the gun show Sat. morning. Keep up the good work.

Yours truly,
JJ

Latest posts

Sponsors