Finished some platinum wedding rings today.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You might think these rings are almost equal, no male and female version, indeed these pair of wedding rings has the same finger size for equal sexes.

Don’t know why, but once you get some “holibie” customers, you soon will have more. And I’m very pleased with that as the ones that became my customers; they have taste and the money.

One thing, they are that heavy weight compared to Ti, one should take them off when swimming. :biggrin:

arnaud

Last edited:

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
They look great Arnaud, you should work on pink triangles for more equal sexes customers, Ti is THE material for it;-)

Red Green

Elite Cafe Member
Wow guys,

I know I’m getting old and all but what is a ‘holibie’? :thinking: It cannot be not a holograph, I don’t think a holograph can get married. Has a new sex developed while I wasn’t looking, what is an ‘equal sex’, equals what?:confused: I suppose if three sexes exists it may be represented by pink triangles. I have a feeling this is something like the ‘Prince Albert’ insanity I would not believe until is saw it type of thing :shock:, frightening to imagine, pink triangles…

Bob

Jeroen

It's holebi's: homo's, lesbians and bisexuals. Here in Belgium holebi's can get married to, so: manXman, womanXwoman, biX... In California to, I believe?
The sexes are considered as equal here, what Arnaud means is 'people from the same sex'.
And there is not necessarily a connotation with a 'prince Albert' (He's our king now, no longer a prince ;) ), or with any other 'weirdness'. They are just as normal as 'normal people', getting married when they love eachother.

Jeroen

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It's holebi's: homo's, lesbians and bisexuals. Jeroen

thanks for the clarification. here in the USA, sometimes the term "GLBT" (sometimes pronounced "Gilbert") is used, which stands for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, & Transgender, or occasionally LGBT (which can be unflatteringly pronounced "Lugbutt").

i can see how this trend will start affecting the standard wedding set. for example, does either person get an engagement ring? or do they just get wedding bands?

mrthe

In Spain, engagements rings are very rare, i think that i haven't make one ever, is something that i think are not used more , i think because this tradiction is lost in new generations.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mitch, in my opinion even equal sex lovers, one is more male or female than the other. So the engagement ring then is given by the most male person of the couple.

This is a engagement ring my son used to ask his boyfriend to marry him. Sure it is not a real female ring, but it is also not one my son would wear, but his friend likes it very much.

However the tradition starting with a engagement ring has become rare, probably like mrthe says, the newer generations have lost this tradition.

arnaud

engagement ring my son ordered

another engagement ring given by a man to his boy friend

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I like all the rings pictured, and especially the finish on the first two platinum rings.

The engagement ring tradition is alive and well in the USA which makes jewelers here very happy. :)

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It seems that the door now perhaps has opened just a little bit more in some parts of the "free world". Your President seems to promote wedding rings for equal sex lovers now.
Some of you jewellers should start making Gay Wedding Rings.

arnaud

diandwill

Elite Cafe Member
As a jeweler that has a specialty of Celtic rings, I have been making same sex wedding sets for many years. I don't judge them, and their money is just as good as any one elses.

Arnaud. Is platinum the new titanium?

Arnaud are these Ti? And is this what is called pave' setting? I mean the holding metal for the diamond is a kicked up chip that is then rounded with a beading tool after the diamond is set! Is this how you did these rings? Beautiful by the way I like all of your posts..you inspired me to create a Ti that was hammered abd then bead blasted, acid treated and then gold filled and polished..it came out nice and AI oue it to your inspiration!! Thanks Randy J.