finished my second Ti bracelet

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Finally I finished this design for a bracelet I started over a half year ago. The making of the design I had some help. Lowering the background quite deep on all those small areas and colouring it brass, was quite time consuming. Then the shading I could not use big shading lines, so I had to find a sort of balance on that.
Last difficulty was making a good photo. Sure one has to see the work live, as I can’t really catch that in a photo.
Next will be the bending, but I will ask my son (professional photographer) to make a better picture if possible.

arnaud

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
Arnaud, what grade of Titanium are you using? I engraved some titanium some years ago that I had from when I worked for Boeing Vertol as a machinist (1966-1978) making CH-47 helicopters. It was some scrap material that I machined into a couple of discs that I engraved some scroll on. It was very difficult to cut as I was hand pushing it and could not get very much depth in my cuts. The material wasn't as hard as it was "tough."

Also, does anyone on this forum know who supplies titanium materal for someone to purchase here in the USA?

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That is some FINE looking scroll Arnaud!

I've never cut any Ti, but was thinking about eventually giving the scales on my small Sebenza a try.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Jeroen, here is another image but I think one needs a HI Res screen to see the different shading lines, at least I see them

arnaud

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
Arnaud, what is the depth of the relief of the engraving of your bracelet? (.000) I just ordered some Grade 2 Titanium and when it arrives I will try to make some money clips from it. I'm just wondering how difficult it will be to relieve it to about .015 to .017 of an inch or 1/2 MM.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Crazy one, yes the depth is about zero point zero and the lines also are about zero point zero, so if you are able to see something it is probably just the transfer.

arnaud

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
thanks bear,

As it seems more look at it without seeing it, here is another streaming cam video view.
might help those who don't see the beauty of this one.

arnaud

[video=youtube;WHbQB6O2a9Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHbQB6O2a9Y&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Titan and Frank. I think this is a good idea trying to show engravings a bit live like I did using the HD webcam.
No way to catch that in one photo

arnaud

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you Sam and Jeff. I know I have come a long way in a relative short time using only the Internet as my classroom.

arnaud

Latest posts

Sponsors