Find the 7 differences

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I had another idea to concentrate on and discuss… find the 7 differences.

If I did count them well, there are only 7

Enjoy, arnaud

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Darn good eye, Mike!

Some time ago I bought this $20 vector image from Arnaud, and have not regretted it, vector is so easy to do scale changes and line width. It helped me into having a little fun with just a tiny percentage of the very deep Adobe Illustrator program, that small part to do with drawing. It is amazing how it allowed me to think more about form and design. I also find it a good practice for different styles of cutting. Am I right, the forum had a collective input giving feedback to Arnaud, as he continued to improve the back bone flow, and was very open-hearted in the process.

Hands up those who have not stepped back from a practice plate and been embarrassed by some ill shaped scroll work with various elbows and other shortcomings. Work over this design for a while, and I guarantee you will soon be very critical of your backbone layout. Of course, hand drawn design is the best organic way to go, but no harm in some initial training with vector forms to boost your appreciation of good shapes, then go forward from there?

Thanks Arnaud!

Rod

Last edited:

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You might think I went nuts starting this tread. Thing is that the first 4 lines I wrote were deleted by a moderator.

Yes that happens to my posts, sometimes three times a week.

So just to inform you that I didn’t went nuts.

arnaud

Last edited:

Jeroen

I count the same 6 as Mike...
Sure there are 7 differences? Nothing about that was written in those 4 first deleted lines, Arnaud?

Jeroen

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
CB, don't try to find them, and sure not in the morning. This was my tread, but it isn't any more. I got censored.

arnaud

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Arnaud: If your posts are censored it's because whatever you said was irrelevant to the subject. You have often been critical of the Cafe and the way I run it and you have said it is too restrictive, and you left for a few months saying you would no longer post here. Nothing has changed. It's the same as it was before. If that's not to your liking then you will be disappointed.

You have much to offer. My advice is to stick to that and not worry about they way I manage the Cafe, because it's not going to change.

~Sam

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
[QUOTE=Arnaud Van Tilburgh; This was my tread, but it isn't any more. I got censored.

Arnaud,

Why not save time by playing by the rules when posting? You have good things to share in your posts. Most of us are rugged individualists, but this is the wrong forum to stress that.

best

Rod

Andrew Biggs

Well said Rod.

Playing by the rules makes life peaceful and easy for Sam and the moderators. It also means it's pleasant company for everyone else, Sam and moderators included. That is what makes the Cafe so good and why people like it.

If you want the wild west and exercise your right to unimpeded freedom of speech..................then get a horse and go.

Cheers
Andrew

Cheers
Andrew

Jeroen

Well I just read those 4 first rules of Arnauds thread and according to me: nothing offensive, no wild west in there.
On the contrary: as I read Arnauds introduction to this exercise in drawing and study, it's an attempt, in a humourous way, to get the forum back alive in a friendly way after it became a bit rough in the other thread on powertools.

So Andrew, Sam, I think you're shooting at the wrong one here.

That's just my interpretation, maybe the translating from Dutch to English takes the humour out of the texts?

Jeroen

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam and Andrew, I had to think about this, not replying on your accusation instantly.
I still have a copy of what I wrote, and I can’t see what could break the Cafe rules except the rule that the dictator is always right.

Perhaps the word “boring” I used instead of using “less interesting”, to me that is the same, but I understand that these words might have a different impact for those who have American or New Zeeland English as their native language.
I also said something about Sam’s popular tread in those 4 deleted lines” an email I received today”. Nothing negative I can find. And for those who might be interested to continue that discussion, on the other forum there is a tread started by Chris DeCamillis.

I won’t post the exact words again here, as one of you probably will redact it again. But by accusing me breaking the rules several times, you both make me look as “a pain in the ass member” to the other members. I don't deserve that!

arnaud

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I already received several requests about the 4 deleted lines in my original post. Sure I try hard to respect the forum rules, so I can’t probably show them here.
Like I said, hard for me to find were I broke the forum rules.
If you would like to read my original post, here you could read it otherwise don’t use the link. I keep copies of all my posts, that because I write them using office word as I like the auto spell correction, and I need it. US English isn’t that hard to learn, but I hope my designs and engravings look better than my use of your language.
However, I learned by some of your replies, that I’m quite able to make myself clear in your language. So I trust on that.

arnaud

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yeah. I'd say arnaud is unduly scrutinized here.
Course I do wish for a little smudge of wild west. But since I won't make my own forum. I'll make due. For now the show and tell aspects of the forum are good enough to keep a horse hitched.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have been reading the comments here on this thread and I really feel the main problem here can be summed up by Arnaud himself when he said.....

the rule that the dictator is always right.

To me this is an attitude problem from the onset. Sam is NOT the dictator of this forum and Cafe. He is the host and this is his home so to speak. When I am in someones home I conduct myself accordning to my hosts rules and wishes. If I feel uncomfortable with his desires I JUST DONT VISIT. It's as simple as that.

Sponsors