Finally, a knife for myself!

Jörmungandr

Elite Cafe Member
Lovely engraving, I really enjoyed the scrollwork. I am not to keen on such large amount of gold colour myself. But hey, all for his taste :)

I think however it is unfortunate that it looks like the edge has chipped on the mammoth tooth on several places. But I do understand it... Mammoth teeth can be horrible to work with.

//DQ

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Fantastic Doc! I'm sure you won't be carrying it long....someone will just HAVE to have it.

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Doc,
If you carve some beads and send them my way, I'd be happy to cast them for you. I can just add them to a pour that I'm already doing and it won't cost a thing except the gold. If you have some scrap lying around you can use that.
To get the weight of gold needed just weigh your waxes and multiply the gram weight by 13.5. I normally use double that to cast to accommodate the sprue but that will give you the weight needed for the beads.
Get in touch if you'd like me to cast them. Ship em to Baton Rouge and consider it done.
Layne Z

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Layne,

Hey man thanks for the offer. If I ever get off my butt and wax them up I'll send them on down! I've got plenty of dental gold that can be used to cast. Guess where that gold came from!

Thanks again,

Mark

Latest posts

Sponsors