FEGA show in Las Vegas

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Ok I am finally going to sign up for a FEGA Las Vegas table however I am afraid that I do not know what to have on my table. I am not a gun engraver ( however I have purchased a black powder pistol to engrave) and most of my Engraving is for Customers so as of now I do not have allot to have on my table. I want to do more than show up and walk through the show and look at every ones engraving work I would like to be part of the show ( though I still want to walk through and look at everyones work and meet all of you) For those of you who have experience with this show please give me direction. The show is coming fast.

Cloudy

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I don't have firearms either- I put out my woodworking planes , belt buckles and photos. Glad you are coming to "Play"!

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Barry
Thanks for the reply. I have been a FEGA member for a long time however I never felt I was ready to show anything I had engraved. I have finally gotten over that and have made a decision to get a table for the FEGA show in Las Vegas. However from what I have read about the rules I need at least 3 pieces that are gun related. I have other things that I have engraved like knives, Jewelry etc. So If I can sign up for a table and bring what ever I have I assume that would be ok.

Thanks for getting back to me I look forward to seeing you all there

Andrew Biggs

Hi Bill

That all changed a couple of years ago and the rules were rewritten. Yes, FEGA is primarily a gun engravers guild and that will always be our core business........but the rules were rewritten to acknowledge that most of our members engrave all sorts of canvases, not just guns. Last year we had Cloudy and Katherine Plummer exhibiting their wares and neither of them engrave guns and they added another element to the FEGA show. We are hopeing that this will attract more members to exhibit at the show and gain some business for them through greater public exposure and education.

Here is the key statement below that encompasses the new rules.

"All exhibits must be within the spirit of the FEGA section of the show. FEGA members can display any hand engraved object that they wish to exhibit. This includes, guns, knives, jewellery, tools, historical items of interest, western or any other object"

It would be great to have you at Vegas, Bill. You will enjoy the show and the company of other like minded people. :)

Cheers
Andrew

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Glad to see I won't be the only new face there! This will be my first year at the FEGA show as well. I'll also be in attendance at Shot Show with Redjacket Firearms so I'll most certainly do my best to nudge folks in the direction of the FEGA event. I think this is going to be a good fit for the convention given all the firearms related stuff happening in Vegas at the same time.
I am sort of in your boat Bill in that I'll have very little in the way of gun related engraving to show. I will do my best to bring a broad sampling of whatever I have on hand. I also look forward to getting some honest feedback and learning what I can from other members.
Should be a very fun and enlightening event!
Layne Zuelke