FEGA members and friends kickin it at the GM . . . . .

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
Barry, that tool with the radiused face; is the radius on the face meant to roll the chip and possibly break it off?

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The radius face tool is a general purpose tool, it cuts clean.
Here are some more pics:

Layout

Only one more day, and working late:

Last edited:

Doc Mark

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey Barry! Thanks for all the pics. In the first photo of this last set, what's with all the Wm.-Henry knives on the bench? Could you work on any subject while taking the course? Just curious.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Barry,

I really appreciate these postings on the two week Grandmasters, your photos are top notch and give a good balance between the human and technical side. Together with the daily slideshow taken by GRS staff, we get to look over the shoulders of the participants.

I guess it all winds up by this evening, so well done all!

Rod

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi Mark,
Yes, you can do what you wish, within reason.
Hi Rod, yes, we are done, I am in KC waiting to catch a plane in the morning.
All was grand, we signed up a couple of new members, and some more folks are planning to get tables in Reno for FEGA 2013, it was a good two weeks.

Alain Lovenberg

Elite Cafe Member
Jetlagged but happy to be back at my workbench.
These were two great weeks of intensive work. The project was very challenging! Big thanks to my students and to the GRS team for their kindness and their attention.
Thanks Barry for the photos.

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Crazy Horse asked how deep Alain's engraving was...1.5 mm or about .060 inch...deep!!! I never made it that deep but reached about 1 mm which is over twice as deep as my deepest up to that time. More like Andrew's excavation tool of posts past.

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
Hey Barry great pics lol.. It was very cool to meet you as well as other engravers I'd admired for so long.... Good times in Empora Kansas.... Who'd a thunk.....

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
I'm used to relieving to a depth od .015 to about .020, but .060 is something that blows my mind. Can you please provide a picture or discription of what you refer to as Andrew's excavation tool?

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
It was a thread of some time ago about deep relief work...Andrew would probably have to provide the photo/info as I just tried a search and got only this thread.

How about it Andrew??

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
While the Excagraver seems good, I doubt there's enough clearance under the microscope for one. That, coupled with the smell of diesel in the studio, is a deal breaker for me. :cool:

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
Go deeper than you've ever gone before........The latest and greatest tool available on the market today :)

Now that's what I call an "Australian Digger."

Seriously though, I searched also and couldn't find anying on it. So please, if you have a photo would you please post it?

Andrew Biggs

Seriously though, I searched also and couldn't find anying on it. So please, if you have a photo would you please post it?

Hi Crazy Horse

Is that question addressed to me??????

If so the picture I posted is it. It was from a thread a couple of years ago and from memory we were discussing digging out deep backgrounds and the tools used etc. It was just a bit of fanciful silliness from me at the time. :)

Cheers
Andrew

Latest posts

Sponsors