Question: FEGA How long does it take?

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
How long does it take to get access to FEGA member only areas on the FEGA site?

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Beathard,

When I joined it took about about 4 days. I joined via the web...I didn't call and talk to someone. I ended up emailing Rex to ask the same question. I was emailed my access info the next day.

How did your class go by the way?

Donny

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Class was great. I'm having difficulties photographing work.

Rex and Sandy made a great team. I still have a little work to do, but I am extremely happy.

2 classes at GRS: 2 fantastic instructors (Sam and Rex): 2 great experiences: 1 happy engraver! I would recommend the experience to anyone!

Last edited:

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Where is that nick and dot???
Just kidding... Looking good!
Try a more neutral background when doing the photos for one thing. The camera tries to adjust on the black/dark background.
The FEGA membership usually takes a business day or two. It is entered manually.
Rex

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Beathard,

The pistol looks good...the pictures...the pistol looks good:biggrin: My camera skills are but in the poloriod era!!!! Did you do the pistol in class? I was hoping to attend the gun class but wasn't ready( skillwise that is) I will be in Rex's class in september!!!! :banana: I am pretty stoked!!! I am hoping(will probably beg) to watch someone there do some Bulino while I am there. I just want to watch over someones shoulder for 15 min or so and ask a few questions. Other than that I am hoping to take away enough information to build up my skills for the next gun class they have. A Winchester 1873 class or a SAA revolver class would be out of this world cool!

Donny

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This was the start to finish firearms class. I think the next one is a shotgun. I'm taking pics with my iPhone. I really need to get a macro lens.

RoycroftRon

Elite Cafe Member
The pistol looks good from what I cant tell.

I took my pictures with my iphone as well (on another thread). A couple of tips - Like rex said use a neutral gray background, put some tracing paper over your light source to diffuse the light, and tap the screen on the phone screen so that the autofocus knows where to concentrate. This works ok for me.

I passed on the nick and dot as well;)

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I've been practicing the nick and dot. It's getting better, but I'm still not happy with it. If I do one half, turn the piece and do the other half of the nicks in the other direction it looks ok. I believer wrist only rolls well in one direction.

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The how to doc on the members only section is definitely worth the cost of membership!