FEGA 2016 Show

Andrew Biggs

As some of you may be aware, the Riviera Hotel in Las Vegas is coming down this year.

Unfortunately that just happens to be where the FEGA show is inside the Antique and Sporting Arms show…….… So unless they are super fast at building hotels we have to find another venue.

We are keen to keep the relationship going as Beinfeld Productions are a pleasure to work with and it has been a good move for us.

Everyone is scrambling to find a new suitable venue.

So, the FEGA BOD will keep you posted when we have something suitable and dates sorted out. It’ll be announced on the forum, FEGA Engraver magazine and our web site.

It’s fair to say that it’s a total pain in the bum but at least we have time to sort it. out :)

Cheers
Andrew

Jesse.beckham

Elite Cafe Member
Bring it on down to Texas, I'm sure Jerry would make you a deal at Jerry World.... Something along with the Dallas safari club would draw a lot of people...

Dad of 3

Elite Cafe Member
Andrew something to consider is location of the event. I would think something central in location would serve the show well. Branson,Missouri is a tourist area with mulitple buildings to host and all kinds of other things to do while in town. Plus Missouri is a very pro gun state unlike CA.

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
As engravers we can't all show our etchings but we'll all can show our engravings anytime, anywhere! Ha, Ha!

Andrew Biggs

It will still probably be in Las Vegas because of the Beinfeld affiliation. Plus it's a very easy place to get to for most people.

However, I have suggested New Zealand as well :)

Cheers
Andrew

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Folks, I would like to have the show in Cincinnati but that ain't gonna happen. To be successful our show needs to be tied to another event that draws a large number of serious gun collectors. The Beinfeld show is the longest continuously running event in Las Vegas history. It began at the old Sahara, went to the Showboat, Riviera, Mandalay Bay, back to the Riv. It will find a new home in Vegas and that's where we need to be. The Beinfeld Antique Arms show is the finest gun show in the world and draws the best exhibitors and well heeled attendees. It is where we started in 1980 and still the best place for us now.

It is easy to throw out suggestions like "make it Frostbite Falls" or "how about Rabbit Hash, Kentucky" but there is a great deal of risk, logistics and planning to any move and the folks that like to throw out all of these off the cuff suggestions are not usually the ones who have to execute the mission.

RDP

Elite Cafe Member
It will still probably be in Las Vegas because of the Beinfeld affiliation. Plus it's a very easy place to get to for most people.

However, I have suggested New Zealand as well :)

Cheers
Andrew

I was thinking, or the Brisbane Convention Centre would be good Andrew, :thumbsup: :banana::banana::banana:

Richard.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Folks, I would like to have the show in Cincinnati but that ain't gonna happen. To be successful our show needs to be tied to another event that draws a large number of serious gun collectors. The Beinfeld show is the longest continuously running event in Las Vegas history. It began at the old Sahara, went to the Showboat, Riviera, Mandalay Bay, back to the Riv. It will find a new home in Vegas and that's where we need to be. The Beinfeld Antique Arms show is the finest gun show in the world and draws the best exhibitors and well heeled attendees. It is where we started in 1980 and still the best place for us now.

It is easy to throw out suggestions like "make it Frostbite Falls" or "how about Rabbit Hash, Kentucky" but there is a great deal of risk, logistics and planning to any move and the folks that like to throw out all of these off the cuff suggestions are not usually the ones who have to execute the mission.

So you're saying Toad Suck, Arkansas is out?

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
Hey, I've been to Toad Suck. I remember when someone tried to rename that JFK or some such and the towns folks had a hissy!

A great place to pass through but don't blink...

This year was my 36th annual FEGA gathering and it has been one heck of a great ride all these years. I have made more wonderful friends from around the world than in all my other endeavors combined!

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
FEGA BOD chooses to cater to the western US. There are lots of great venues, the Ohio gun collectors annual, The Colt collectors, lots of great cities as well. there decision and it seems to be sound one although leaving the custom fire arms folks was sad.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Actually, for those who want to do a FEGA event in the Eastern half of the US there is the upcoming show in Wilmington, Ohio, in conjunction with the Ohio Gun Collectors Assn. Brian Powley has a post about it here. I believe that this is the fourth time we have gathered for this event. It is very inexpensive compared with the main FEGA convention. I am surprised that more gun engravers don't participate. That show serves as a gauge of how many people would participate in an Eastern show. In any case I will be there along with Brian, Joe Rundell, and a few others.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Based on other organizations I am / have been a member of you need to be looking 3 - 5 years out if you want a different location. Despite how it can seem when you're an attendant, there is a lot that goes on in getting an event together.

While I'd love the show to be here in Missouri, I understand that it needs to cater to potential clients as much, or possibly even more, than to our members. That means that Roger is right and it needs to be tied to something like its current partner.

And while they may not be official FEGA events, there's Ken Hunt's get together in the East, Scott's Engrave-In in the middle of the country, the Ohio Gun Collector's show, and various other chances to meet up with each other.

Andrew Biggs

I was thinking, or the Brisbane Convention Centre would be good Andrew

Now there's a thought. I love Brisbane :)

Toad Suck, Arkansas.....sounds like just what we need. The name has great sex appeal to it and will have the crowds coming in droves. A real winner :)

Don't worry..........it's all being sorted out and we will have an answer hopefully soon enough. There are many reasons to stay in Vegas at the time. The Beinfeld show is a big one and also the Shot show which is a huge draw card. It's just a matter of getting all the logistics in place and then the work begins :)

Cheers
Andrew

Last edited:

Texasgerd

Elite Cafe Member
Andrew:
I'm assuming we'd shoot for approximately the same timing (right after the SHOT show) or will we have to open the schedule?
Having it at the rough same time does have benefits w/ the press and sponsors.

Dan

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I don't envy what you BOD folks are up against, deja vu. Moving across town to one of many convention spaces is easier than across state... I hope. We're in good hands!

Latest posts

Sponsors