FEGA 2014 auction rifle brings $31,000 in Las Vegas, video on youtube

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
2014 Auction Rifle
which was auctioned at the FEGA banquet
on saturday night, 1/18/2014
A classic Steve Heilmann Winchester Highwall 1885 action
with a twenty-nine inch, half round, and half octagon barrel.
Fully engraved with a classic Western theme and gold inlay.
The Artisans who donated their valuable time and skill
Steve Heilmann, Metalwork. Gary Goudy, Stockwork. Ron Smith, general layout and design of the action engraving. Sam Welch, Gold line work on action. Mike Dubber, 24k gold barrel lettering, tang lettering and breech bands
Bob Strosin, screws. Jim Blair, scrollwork. Lee Griffith, right side action scene. Weldon Lister, left side action scene. Barry Lee Hands, 24k gold highlights. Doug Turnbull, case color, rust blue, char blue and finishing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxH7fxu6JO0

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Barry
It is nice to relive the auction in the comfort of my own home. It is a great collaberative rifle and I am thrilled it was accepted at the auction with $uch enthusiasm. Kudos to all the craftsmen involved.
It was a great weekend, great banquet/auction and everyone is looking forward to next year.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
such a rare treat for the eye. and for those doing the work on this gun, what to say ? a most noble effort on all who created this.

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Yes, like all FEGA activities, member participation at all levels, regular members, Masters, officers, and the public, make the difference, and this year we had participation all the way across the broad family of fega members and engraving aficionados.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I was hoping my sponsor for Smith & Wesson would show up but I later learned he had caught the flu. He missed a fun time and good fellowship. Thanks to everyone who had anything to do with making all this happen, this year went smoothly. I wish I could figure how many people walked through our area... a heap of em' !

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The auction was great fun and seemed like it did pretty darn well. The High Wall was a stunner up close. It was an outstanding collaboration and the most impressive part was that it was pulled off pretty seamlessly. Every section flowed into the next as if it was done by a single engraver.
Can't wait to see what next year holds.
Thanks Barry for all your work!
Layne

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The auction was great fun and seemed like it did pretty darn well. The High Wall was a stunner up close. It was an outstanding collaboration and the most impressive part was that it was pulled off pretty seamlessly. Every section flowed into the next as if it was done by a single engraver.

Thanks Layne, we had a great team, all the engravers, Bruce Farman and Lynda Shreck handling the auction, enthusiastic bidders and banqueteers, and Andrew's great graphics using Eric Eggly photos, a good time for all.

Mike Fennell

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for posting this, Barry. You and your team produced a memorable event, and the auctioneer helped make the evening fun and productive. Thanks to everyone involved in the auction rifle and everyone who donated items for the auction. Mike Dubber's generous donation of his personal Model 94 brought an additional $5,100 to the Guild.

Thanks to Marty Rabeno for his many years of service and to Tim Wells for obtaining new sponsors, retaining and improving existing sponsorships and for organizing and running the Awards judging and presentations. And thanks to everyone, too numerous to mention, who made it all happen. I also need to thank Jerry Spaulding for allowing me to be in two places at once by playing mini-me, even though he is taller.

I enjoyed meeting new attendees, like Aaron, Layne, Bill, et.al., and seeing old friends. Let's do it again.

Latest posts

Sponsors