experiment down the drain

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have noticed that skin oil changes the look of anodizing but it goes back to normal when you wipe that off with a dry cloth/jeans shirt etc.

I haven't tried bath anodizing yet so I've learned a lot from this thread. Thank you Monk.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
I have noticed that skin oil changes the look of anodizing but it goes back to normal when you wipe that off with a dry cloth/jeans shirt etc.

I haven't tried bath anodizing yet so I've learned a lot from this thread. Thank you Monk.

you're most welcome. my goal is to end up doing the brush on type work. i'm not sure how to draw the black outlines to make an actual figure as you and others do. i'm thinking maybe doing monograms and such with the brush/toothpic technique.i want the outlines to be permanent part of the designs.
in an earlier post it was suggested i wipe the bad area with a bit of dish detergent.skeptically, i tried it. amazingly, the color returned, with no evidence of the smudging that was on the piece before ! dani: i'm still taking "baby steps" on this, but thanks to all who have responded, the steps are going much faster now !

Dani Girl

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have not blackened my outlines yet. ( I will try for you ) it only looks like I have because I have the light bouncing off the uncut surface to take pictures of the pretty anodizing colours. The cuts I have made on my manga cartoons are the same as the first set of cuts for scrollwork... just trace everything with a 120... or your preferred...
a little shading where needed most but it isn't as necessary when you have the colours and get a little lost in it anyway. Big shading seems to work well. ...listen to me rant on about the way things should be done. Hehehe. I have only had a go half a dozen times. Only trying to help if I can Monk. Have a good day my friend.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
I have not blackened my outlines yet. ( I will try for you ) it only looks like I have because I have the light bouncing off the uncut surface to take pictures of the pretty anodizing colours. The cuts I have made on my manga cartoons are the same as the first set of cuts for scrollwork... just trace everything with a 120... or your preferred...
a little shading where needed most but it isn't as necessary when you have the colours and get a little lost in it anyway. Big shading seems to work well. ...listen to me rant on about the way things should be done. Hehehe. I have only had a go half a dozen times. Only trying to help if I can Monk. Have a good day my friend.

thanks, dani. i never thought to engrave the outline first. the flower,( a real test of my drawing skills)!, was painted with different paint colors. the background was done with the brush anodizing technique. i'll remove one color at a time to anodize a different color. i'll redo the design and engrave the outline. i have a fresh 120, and will give it a whack. thanks for the info.

Attachments

• brush method.JPG
    brush method.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors