bram ramon

Elite Cafe Member
Here some pics of the exam plate..
Oranament is al H&C woodcock push graver

Last edited:

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bram,

You never disappoint. Always great to view your work. Your geometry and cutting are impeccable, and your art ideas are distinctive, well done!

Rod

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Bram,Thanks for the your showing and sharing with us you beauitful engravving,and also your tips.I for one know how hard it was for you to come to this point in your studies a struggles.Keep up the good work. J.J.

pierre

Elite Cafe Member
ok Bram
This post can not go unanswered ....
you ask yourself as a victim from the time of your exam, you claimed that the model imposed was so poor that you have of the rendered yourself!
must stop crying ...
1. the model that I drew was designed in class on a day that is a sketch and it is made according to the level of the class.
If you do was complain, you would you and all the class you ultimately put in difficulty had time to make a good review.
2. I redesigned emergency, another project where the woodcock was included in an oval as you started?
despite that you still did not realize the model imposed?
3. You're the one with another student who has not completed the examination. It is true that the level of other students is not like them but they still finished with disability time.
4. You're very lucky as impartiality, I refused to stay corrected your exam because not only you have not met the model (I hope that when you pass the driver's license, you will not make your own rules ...) nothing that deserves the cancellation of it but more or woodcock or ornament are finished.

5.I'm not the director shall consider the content of your post.
A little humility would have been preferable, it is not 'cause it considers the best that we can all afford.
Good holiday all your greatness Bram.

For the class and the school PIerre Dôme

Attachments

• Numériser 25.jpg
    Numériser 25.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 332

Frank P

Elite Cafe Member
Flamin, fais pas l malin ;-)
and be lucky you did nt have to deal with JMF ;-) .... the best way to learn is to be critic about your own work, not other s ...
Don t worry , you will pass without problems ...if you play the game by the rules of course.....
in professional life you will encounter almost nothing else than time limits, taste arguments and so on......
what about to do in School .... it s pity the 3 monkeys Icon isnt available here... ;-)
very nice engraving , if you didn t told about, nobody would have spotted something.......
Relax and enjoy your well deserved Holidays...
take care Buddy
Frank

bram ramon

Elite Cafe Member
Flamin, fais pas l malin ;-)
and be lucky you did nt have to deal with JMF ;-) .... the best way to learn is to be critic about your own work, not other s ...
Don t worry , you will pass without problems ...if you play the game by the rules of course.....
in professional life you will encounter almost nothing else than time limits, taste arguments and so on......
what about to do in School .... it s pity the 3 monkeys Icon isnt available here... ;-)
very nice engraving , if you didn t told about, nobody would have spotted something.......
Relax and enjoy your well deserved Holidays...
take care Buddy
Frank

Hey Frank thanks man! JMF is a good friend of me and a fan of my work!

And me i love my work and keep on going..
Ciao!

Last edited:

pierre

Elite Cafe Member
:hammer: courageous but not foolhardy, change the nature of the original post is to change the situation, who will understand my answer right now?
matter, when something is written, it will not be ashamed.
ciao :beerchug:

glstrcowboy

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you for posting. You may not be happy with your work or the situation, but it is a good chance for the rest of us to see the progression of well executed work develop from backbone and outline to completion, all on one plate. Keep it up, it gives me something to aim for!

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I am a big fan of Pierre's engraving and appreciate his contributions to the Engraver's Café over the years. It is very interesting to see Pierre's original design for the exercise and compare the large scroll portion to Bram's interpretation. While I really like Pierre's scroll, I personally feel that Bram took it to the next level, which I'm sure was time consuming both in design and execution.

This forum has been very blessed to have top Belgian engravers like Pierre Dôme, Alain Lovenberg, J.M. Martens, Rocco Capace, and Jacoby Pascal participate here and show us some of the world's best engraving. Bram Ramon's posts have been very instructive about the progress of a dedicated student at Leon Mignon and makes me wish that I had been blessed with the opportunity to attend that fine school when I was young.

Last edited:

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
Love your work Bram! I would give anything to have had the access to a school such as Leon mignon. But I have been very fortunate to learn under some very talented engravers here in the states.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The thing that strikes me in these threads is how clearly they show that here in the USA we learn engraving while the European system teaches both engraving and artistry.

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This is superb. I too wish I had the opportunity to study at one of the fine engraving schools in Europe. Unfortunately for me it wasn't until a few short years ago that I really got interested in engraving.

Sponsors