Epson Transparencies - end of an era?

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I just called Voltexx (1-800-211-5554) and after I ordered they have 2 left. The woman who helped me is named Melanie at extension #205 if you want someone who is familiar with why we need the film. She said that they can order more of the transparencies from Europe where it is not discontinued and is available. They will order more as people call and place orders. The price is $55/pack which is steep, but it is due to the extra costs of importing it from Europe. :)

I've spoken with Melanie a few times about the transparenices and have had some on order for a couple of weeks now. I received an email notification last week that they were "backordered".

I called to speak to Melanie and reached another fellow who claimed to do the ordering for the business. I do forget his name, but he said the transparencies were NOT coming from Europe, but will take a couple of weeks. That was last week. Time will tell I guess?

Peter

Tim Herman

Elite Cafe Member
Tim Wells, has anyone tried scotch briting or sanding the film with very fine sandpaper to give an even smooth tooth to the film? If one certain grit of paper or grade of scotch bright would work I dont see why it wouldnt work on any transparency film. just another experiment to fool with. Lord just one universal excellent transfer solution!!! hep us hep us

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Tim Wells, has anyone tried scotch briting or sanding the film with very fine sandpaper to give an even smooth tooth to the film? If one certain grit of paper or grade of scotch bright would work I don't see why it wouldn't work on any transparency film. just another experiment to fool with. Lord just one universal excellent transfer solution!!! hep us hep us

Using a No 1 emery paper and the shiny side of the OfficeMax film. I placed a piece of the film shiny side
down on the emery and burnished the back side of the film to give the shiny side a bit of tooth.

I ran a test image through and tried it on the metal. Like using the yellow Sharpie, you don't want to use
much pressure because the ink is still fluid. But using a feather touch, it works. It took a couple took a
couple of tries to get the right pressure, but it works.

Talk to ya later,
Jim

PS, this is using a CX7800 Epson and Dura Brite ink and Tom White's Transfer Magic. As far as I'm concerned, I'm back
in business and there is no shortage of transfer sheets.

Last edited:

revised junk

I've spoken with Melanie a few times about the transparenices and have had some on order for a couple of weeks now. I received an email notification last week that they were "backordered".

I called to speak to Melanie and reached another fellow who claimed to do the ordering for the business. I do forget his name, but he said the transparencies were NOT coming from Europe, but will take a couple of weeks. That was last week. Time will tell I guess?

Peter

I called and back ordered some today and the price is up to 59.95,so don't wait to long.

I spoke to Melanie Lamb regarding the order I had placed with her and she told me that as long as she is the one who takes the order, the price will remain at 55$. I got the idea that, as sales reps, the individual sales people can make those kind of decisions. The Epson transparancies "are in fact coming from Europe"....her words.

When she takes the order, she will get your credit card number and e-mail address. She will then send an e-mail with an attachment for a "CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION FORM" which can be printed out and FAXed, followed by mailing of the original.

I hope this helps and will help to put closure to the Epson saga. :)

- keep smiling...it makes people wonder what you've been up to -

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I would be interested to know if anyone has received any of the transparencies that they ordered recently.

Quite a few have said they had placed an order since this realization that they were discontinued surfaced recently, but I haven't seen any posts that orders were actually received.

Thanks,
Peter

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I just received an e-mail from Melanie at Voltexx and they now claim that they can not get the transparencies either.... Would have been nice to know that a while ago. Back to the drawing board.....

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I just received an e-mail from Melanie at Voltexx and they now claim that they can not get the transparencies either.... Would have been nice to know that a while ago. Back to the drawing board.....

I did also. I left a voice mail a couple of days ago and received a reply yesterday. Today she finally stated that they can NOT get them.

VERY frustrating to say the least as I was told their european supplier HAD them and was sending them. It was stated matter of factly.

Then I was told last week they were NOT coming from europe, BUT they were available from their supplier, and it would just be a couple of weeks!

Prior to Voltexx, I had actual orders with two other internet companies that also CLAIMED they were available, only to get a cancellation in the end.

It made me realize one thing....those internet companies are nothing but order takers with no inventory!

Peter

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I sent the first 6 packages of "experimental" films to the testers today so we should be getting some feedback before too long as to whether this stuff will serve as a suitable substitute for the Epson films.

caelare

The last six years i use Transfer-1 it is a parchment transfer that works fine for me i use it on metal bone wood plastics etc, its waterbased, envirement safe it does not smell and best of all it does not chip,
i buy it localy here in Sweden (its manufactered also in Sweden) i do not now or it is available outside
Sweden i will ask the Manufacturer
(never used it on film but wil try it out)

http://www.engraverscafe.com/images/smilies/tiphat.gif

Attachments

• DSC00233.jpg
    DSC00233.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 67
  • TRF10.jpg
    TRF10.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 71

Joe Jacob

Transfer-1 looks like a very interesting product. I tried to Google for it but came up empty. Who is the manufacturer, and can you post the instruction sheet?

caelare

Instruction

Joe,
Make pattern on pc
Print pattern on paper
Attach parchment to the printed paper
Print IT

Clean the object where to place the transfer
Put small amount transfer-1 on object(you need only a tiny spot on the picture for example is transfer for about five transfers)
Spread the gel with your finger a roller with graeter objects
Place the parchment with the print
Apply some pressure with a spoon or other smooth object
Remove parchment and ENGRAVE:hammer:

Attachments

• TRF1.jpg
    TRF1.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 67
  • TRF7.jpg
    TRF7.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 64
  • TRF9.jpg
    TRF9.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 66
  • TRF8.jpg
    TRF8.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 64
  • TRF4.jpg
    TRF4.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 62
  • TRF6.jpg
    TRF6.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 67
  • TRF3.jpg
    TRF3.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 61
  • TRF2.jpg
    TRF2.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 65

Joe Jacob

caelare

Your instructions are certainly clear enough. But a few more questions: The parchment you are using is translucent, is it the drawing/art type of parchment or the baking type? I also assume that you are using this with an inkjet type printer, not a laser printer, correct? Is this Transfer Nr 1 product designed for metal image transfer or for some other purpose, such as tattoo transfer?

Thanks

Last edited:

caelare

Steve thanks also, Gert thanks also, btw about fifteen years ago i did live a wile in Belgium the i had the chance to get lessons for about one year from Guillaume Broux the best post stamp engraver from the Belgium Post for me a great experience i did learn a lot from this Fantastic engraver.

Joe

Sorry for my late respons, in summertime i live in my stuga in the woods i have a internet but it is a 3G wireless connection and sometimes its not stable or it do nothing.
The parchment its from the same seller as the transfer 1, they told me it will work with other parchment but with parchment they have the result is always the same.
I did use a laser printer, it could work with a inkjet but its not advised, this transfer metod is designed special for transfer to metal wood bone glas etc etc...
The seller has a homepage www.transfer-one.com its not working this moment but she will put it online this week she told me.

Joe Jacob

caelare

Thanks for the response. This sounds like a product worth trying.

I finally received some of the original Epson transparency film that I purchased through eBay. It indeed works great. I used an HP 7000 inkjet printer and Tom White's new white Transfer Magic. Not only were the results great, but if I carefully clean the film with pure alcohol, it can be used again! So far I have printed and transferred 3 times using the same piece of film. At that rate a single package should last me forever.:shock:

Latest posts

Sponsors