Announcement: EnSet Review

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Review of the EnSet Air Power Assist Engraving Tool
My name is Dave Alderson, I have been a silversmith and engraver for over 35 yrs. I am a member of the Traditional Cowboy Arts Association , I have received several awards recognizing my work and I have been teaching both engraving and silversmithing for many years now.
*This last spring I purchased a new tool to aid me in my engraving called the Syenset EnSet from Chris DeCamillis. Chris designed and developed this tool for engraving and stone setting.
*The tool is a miniature hammer and chisel that you can hold in your hand like a burin or like a pencil as the need arises. It has a lot of versatility to be able to accomplish a wide variety of tasks.
*I spent several days just getting to know the tool and its little nuances that make it a great tool.
*The different weight strikers, the adjustable collet holder, the ball detent collet system and the very nice precision air pressure regulator definitely play a role in how well this tool works.
*I must say as I have always said that I have used many different makes and models of tools for my engraving requirements including hand push and hammer and chisel. The EnSet is the most efficient and pleasant to use of all of these methods that I have used to date. It is very relaxing and easy to learn without fighting to keep up with. Because of the slower rate of strokes per minute and the great directional control it seems to make the overall use of the tool a breeze.
*The amazing ease of control is without a doubt the highlight of the EnSet. For example I was commissioned to do several high end rings this last month. I had to set some very delicate stones, which is not my favorite job. Using the EnSet made this a very easy and quick operation that otherwise was an unpleasant task.
*As many of you have seen, I recently posted some photos of work on a couple of engraving forums. These also were aided in completion with the new EnSet.
*I was a little disappointed with the packaging of the EnSet, I felt it could be a little more compact and have a sleeker look with little effort. Despite the overall appearance, the tool lives up to its claims and is now definitely a part of my box of tools. I believe that Chris and Jordi and Tira Mitchell are on to something and as long as they continue providing great service for the EnSet, it will find its way into many shops and jewelry stores.:graver:

Latest posts

Sponsors