Engraving joke

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Back in the 1940's a young man joined the US military. As a going away gift, his family gave him a gold watch. He traveled from his home in the eastern US to California to report for duty. While in California he dropped his watch off at an engraving shop to be inscribed with his name. Before he could return to the shop he was dispatched to Europe to fight in World War II. After the war he retuned to his home back east, married, had children, and enjoyed a happy life. Decades had passed since he left his watch in the engraving shop thousands of miles away.

One summer while on vacation in California he remembered the watch and to his surprise the engraving shop was still in business. He walked in and addressed the grey haired old woman behind the counter.

"I don't expect you to remember me, but I left a watch here for engraving more than 50 years ago, and I was wondering if by chance you might have it." The old woman asked for his name and disappeared into the back. For the next 20 minutes he heard clattering and the shuffling of boxes as she rooted through the cluttered storeroom. She dusted herself off and came back to the counter and said "Yes, your watch is here. It will be ready tomorrow."

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
This seems to be the motto of my shop. "Who screams loudest, gets there work done".
Also a good sob story always gets me. Then there's the guy who comes in Wednesday a 5:45 to
get a custom made wedding set. Fully engraved with a half carat of half pointers that need to be set.
"Can I have this for Saturday morning we're getting married at 2:30 the same day"!?! He tells you
he's been engaged for two years!?!!! Then he says the magic words, "Do you want me to pay in full,
in cash"!!! You tell the wife about the job and she says, " What about your birthday party on Friday night"?
"Oh and, Don't forget to do the bank deposit"?!!#?#@&#

I don't remember signing on for this insanity? At least I can relax at the Cafe. Sorta.:eek:

GeorgeKhayata

It happend with me when a customer came back after 4 years to pick up her piece, but guess what.........it was engraved and she paid me $200 extra because I kept it for her!!!!!!!!:cool:
George

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Good Joke Sam, now I know why your an engraver and not doing stand-up:D It gave me a morning chuckle.

Jim if that's a true story, I take care of rush jobs by telling the customer up front what the price is. For express service mine is 50% higher than the normal 2 week schedule. In most cases for simple stuff it's overnight but like your talking 2 days for what you had to do is absolutely a rush. It works fine and the people are thanking and praising us, unless you get the customer that thinks you should be paying them for your services. I figure if you send something UPS 1 day service you pay a premium prices, so I should be compensated as well. It makes you feel better cause you made a couple extra bucks.

How may engraver's does it take to change a light bulb.
Drum roll please.

3, one to hold the bulb, and 2 to turn the engravers block he's standing on.:eek:

Now you know why I don't do stand-up also. That is so bad I had to leave it.

Mike

Latest posts

Sponsors