Engraving font

I have created a font that I will use for practicing engraving script. The font is based on a very classic engraving script, though I have made some slight adjustments. I will of course draw my letters most of the time. This is not a replacement for practicing to draw proper letters.

Please understand that I have created this font from nothing, it is not modified from a font that was already made on the computer. Some characters do not align properly to form a flowing script.

I have used two books as reference, The Art of Engraving by Meek, and Modern Letter Engraving in Theory and Practice by Rees.

I welcome any help to make this font even better. It is not by any means a finished product. :beerchug:

Download my font here. :)

I hope this will come in handy for some of you. :)

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 512
Last edited:

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you Steinar for sharing this font. It looks nice. I installed it and I have been looking at the letters, the z I like it a lot, it is one like my fathers handwriting which we call German.
I only have a bit difficulty with the s, I think is a bit to wide to fit with the other characters.

arnaud

Last edited:

GertGraveur

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you Steinar for sharing this font. It looks nice. I installed it and I have been looking at the letters, the z I like it a lot, it is one like my fathers handwriting which we call German.
I only have a bit difficulty with the s, I think is a bit to wide to fit with the other characters.

arnaud

I was thinking the same.

Thanks for sharing Steinar, good job!

Arnaud, Gert, I've made some corrections to the font. The s is now as I would engrave it. Should be better, please let me know if you think it isnt. :)

I've also retoutched the letters f,u,n,m,x, and z. :)

I am glad you like, and appreciate the font. :big grin: I might make more engraver friendly fonts in the future... :beerchug:

Kevin Scott

Elite Cafe Member
Script

Steiner, I thought you would like this since the name sounds Norwegian, or at least to me it does.
It is sterling silver. I don't know what the dates signify. The script is very well done in my opinion and not worn much. Looks better than the picture.
Kevin Scott

Attachments

• 4265704878.JPG
    4265704878.JPG
    182.6 KB · Views: 174
Steiner, I thought you would like this since the name sounds Norwegian, or at least to me it does.
It is sterling silver. I don't know what the dates signify. The script is very well done in my opinion and not worn much. Looks better than the picture.
Kevin Scott

Yes, that may be a Norwegian name. :) Might be swedish too, hard to say. I agree that it is very nicely cut. :) Wish I'd cut that good already... :big grin: Thanks for sharing!

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
that's a real task you have taken on. looks as though you have done all the right things.

Latest posts

Sponsors