Artist007

Hello all,

Just sharing my work. I'm pretty new to engraving. So far, I've done two practice plates, a Zippo, a small pendant, and a revolver. This is my first firearm engraving, a Smith & Wesson Military & Police 38 Special Model 10-5. I got pretty ambitious pretty quickly, and I think it turned out fairly well. There are a few things I want to do differently on my next revolver, however. This was pretty much an experiment and practice. Some of this was kinda thrown together midway through. Thankfully, there are several revolvers at my disposal to practice on, so I wasn't worried about messing up. Let me know what you guys think.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
welcome to the forum. looks very nice to my eye. beautiful contrast and apparent depth is nice. your shading is ok but when you study shading technique, you'll find you can do more to make this piece really pop !

FuriousJulius

Nicely done. Beautiful work. I agree with Monk that the shading could provide a bit more contrast but the overall design and cutting is top notch. Really nice use of empty space in the composition. I'm about to embark on designing and cutting my first slide and this is inspiring to say the least. Hoping the s&w 39-2 cuts this nicely. Cheers!
~julius

Artist007

I actually did the scroll design and outlined it a while back, then put it down for a good while. The way I draw scrolls now has changed in a way that will be easier to shade more. I've watched some Sam Alfano videos on drawing and engraving scrolls. Also, I've been looking at other peoples engravings and how their scrolls flow. I'm about to engrave a Spyderco knive. Here's the design. I'm gonna change it a little below the skull though.

mtlctr

Elite Cafe Member
Hello all,

Just sharing my work. I'm pretty new to engraving. So far, I've done two practice plates, a Zippo, a small pendant, and a revolver. This is my first firearm engraving, a Smith & Wesson Military & Police 38 Special Model 10-5. I got pretty ambitious pretty quickly, and I think it turned out fairly well. There are a few things I want to do differently on my next revolver, however. This was pretty much an experiment and practice. Some of this was kinda thrown together midway through. Thankfully, there are several revolvers at my disposal to practice on, so I wasn't worried about messing up. Let me know what you guys think.

Nice work.

Artist007

So far, all I've engraved are three practice plates, a zippo since they're a cheap canvas, a brass bolster on a dagger (sculpture engraved), and a stainless spoon handle (sculpture engraved), and this S&W Model 10-5 which I have posted on GB. I did the end of the stainless spoon handle to get a feel for stainless steel since I have a stainless revolver I wanna do, and also a stainless Spyderco knife. Right now, I'm working on the Spyderco knife. I'm combining sculpture engraving, and standard line shading engraving. It is turning out amazing. I wanted to start another post for that one.

Latest posts

Sponsors