Engraved Frizzen and Top Jaw

LRB

This is the frizzen and top jaw to the engraved lock shown earlier. Thanks for looking.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I like the work you have shown very much. Very tastefully done for the application.

Thanks,
Peter

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
You have every right to be proud of this engraving. It's very neat and well done.

Sam

Staff member
There's a name I've not heard in awhile. Where is ol' Dan these days? Quite a capable engraver.

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Dan is working in Puyallup, WA. I have not talked to him in a while. But I may soon, I will keep you posted. I worked with him and Steve Huff for a year or two in Kalispell MT back in the 1980's. He is the one who taught me how to use the simple tools and sharpening crutch I posted on the tool thread. Before Dan, I just pushgravered.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I lived there for 7 years and looked high and low for an engraver to help me. I didn't know there was one right under my nose. It took me a year just to learn how to pronounce that place. It proved too hard so I moved up the hill to Buckley!

I go up there once or twice a year, I'd like to meet him someday.

Sam

Staff member
Barry: If you see him, give him my best regards and extend an invitation to join the Cafe.

LRB

I am finishing a rifle bought as unfinished. It has become more of a re-build however. It was a Tip Curtis, "in the white" gun, that needed much more than a simple finishing. I took the job of doing the decorative carving, which I am better with than engraving, and the engraving. I would rather have done the the initial build as well, it might have been easier than retro work.

Sponsors