Engraved Flashlight for JCK show in Las Vegas

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Orbital Watchwinders was showing a new product in the JCK show in Las Vegas and approached me about enhancing them with some hand engraving. This was a real interesting job for me. In the design I included some ideas I have put on rings and also some lettering and Monograms

Attachments

• Orbital lighthouse final 1.jpg
    Orbital lighthouse final 1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 232
  • Orbital lighthouse final 2.jpg
    Orbital lighthouse final 2.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 231
  • Orbital lighthouse final 3.jpg
    Orbital lighthouse final 3.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 231
  • Orbital lighthouse final 4.jpg
    Orbital lighthouse final 4.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 230
  • Orbital lighthouse final 5.jpg
    Orbital lighthouse final 5.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 231
  • Orbital lighthouse final 6.jpg
    Orbital lighthouse final 6.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 232

Steveareno

Hi Bill
JCK just wrapped up today, did you just get home and engrave like a mad man:cool: I like the lettering and wanted to know how it was engraving on a cylinder, must have been a challenge. What kind of metal are they too.
Let’s do lunch soon.

Steve

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Steve

Yes I just got home on Saturday. I was at the show earlier in the week, the JCK Luxury show started on wednesday. I worked with this company for about 2 1/2 weeks before I finished the engravings. I then hand delivered them to the owner/president of Orbita and they displayed these for the whole week. Yes engraving on cylinders is a little tough however no worse than engraving on rings. The metal for these two was Brass and Aluminum.

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Andrew The company is looking to me to come up with other metals to engrave on. I have talked to them about doing a cylinder with Curly maple wood and then inlay silver similar to how the knife makers do their handles ( ie Bill Moran and Joe Keeslar ) or maybe do a gun style with the metal gun blued and then engraved with some gold inlay. Just some ideas, I don't know where this is going. I will post more as this progresses.

Latest posts

Sponsors