Engrave-In Bad News/Bad News/ Good News

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
We right at a week away from the Engrave-In, looking forward to seeing everyone. I found earlier today that Simon Lytton had a stroke :eek:a few days ago and is in the hospital. :shock: Please keep your thoughts and prayers for Simon as he recovers. But he won't be doing our English Scroll this year:(, so thats the second bad news. BUT Johnny S, aka Harpuahound, who does those fantastically imaginative hobo nickels has stepped up and offer to give us a rundown on what he does:chip::drawing::handpiece::happyvise:

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
In visiting with Simon the last couple of Engrave-Ins I remember that he has a history of neck problems and constant pain. As I recall he has undergone surgery for these issues in the past. Let us all hope that there is no permanent damage and he makes a full recovery. He is an awfully nice guy and a real pleasure to spend time with. He also gets a lot of pleasure from shooting very loud, fast firing weapons. The man does smile at loud noises. Keep good thoughts for his recovery-Fred

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Simon's a fine fellow and a friend of many years. I wish him a speedy recovery and hope he's well.

And good for Johnny and his hobo nickels! I have to say he's another fine fellow!

~Sam

AndrosCreations

Elite Cafe Member
That's sad news... I hope that Mr. Lytton is able to make a complete recovery. I know he's a very talented man and from the sounds of it... very kind.

I'm sorry I'll miss the hobo nickel demonstration. That should be a treat for everyone as Johnny is a great carver and I've learned allot from him.

Hopefully there will be many pictures taken of the events! :graver:

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I hate it when bad things happen to good people. Our prayers are with you Simon, speedy recovery! I am also getting excited about seeing the engrave-in for the first time. Be gentle with me.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for the update Scott.

Very sorry to hear the news about Simon. Last year he did me a quick little sketch tutorial on English scroll that I've found greatly helpful. I'm still terrible at it, but it's not his fault. I was quite looking forward to the seminar. Ah well, as long as he recovers well everything will be fine.

I tell you, with Monk and now Simon, this is starting to sound like a dangerous business!

mvangle

Elite Cafe Member
I hope and pray Simon will make a speedy recovery. Scott how/where can I get some info on the engrave-in? I owe you $5 for the shuttle drivers tip at Reno and I think it would be best to deliver it personally to my neighbor.

Knifeologist

I received this e-mail earlier today regarding Simon; "Initially things looked grim as Simon was paralyzed on one side and could not speak. Apparently his speech has largely returned and doctors are optimistic he will regain full movement with extensive physical therapy."

So hopefully things are looking better. I’m sure all of our thoughts are with him.

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
I had the pleasure of meeting Simon at Scott's he is a fine gentelman. I pray a speedy recovery Simon.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I was shocked and saddened to hear this news about Simon. He is a fine gentleman and excellent engraver who never hesitates to answer questions about his craft or help advise those less skilled. I have been praying for his recovery as I am sure are his many friends, patrons and colleagues in the engraving world.

Regards,

Roger

Latest posts

Sponsors