Engrave-In 2012 dates, June 10-12

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Is it worth a 14 hour drive each way?

I'm just outside of Memphis and it's another 5 hours from my place to Scott's. If you want to hole up for the night instead of trying to drive straight thru, you're welcome to spend the nite.....either coming or going or both.

If not, the offer is available for anyone passing thru with a long drive ahead of them.

Dave

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
"Bonnaroo is June 9, 10, 11, 12th..."

I just checked the Bonaroo web site and it says the dates are June 7-10.

The significance of Bonaroo is that traffic around Manchester TN on I 24 gets backed up for hours during the festival. Scott can post alternative routes for those arriving during the festival dates. For those arriving from Atlanta or south of Monteagle this is a nonissue because Monteagle is south of Manchester on I 24.

Roger

kguns

Guys and Gals I’m sure Scott will have some ideas here I live just off Hwy. 64 in Tennessee
To avoid Bonnaroo all together from Nashville take I-65 South to exit 14. TN Hwy-64 East to Fayetteville and then to Winchester TN. I-24 and Mont Eagle is just past Winchester. It’s all 4 lane to Mont Eagle from Nashville. Yes it’s longer but Bonnarro traffic on I-24 will make you crazy. My kids have been to Bonnaroo and the stories of the traffic jam of 12 to 18 hours to go from my house to Manchester 45 miles is ridiculous. You may not have a problem but I can tell you last year from Mont. Eagle to my Exit Hwy-64 It’s the first exit on 24N from Scott’s, took over 1 hour and that was late at night. All the gas stations were inundated with people. State Troopers everywhere. And that’s was only after the getting off the mountain about 5 miles

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for the info Kurt and Roger. Will the traffic be as bad heading one way as it will heading the other? I am planning to head out early Sunday morning and be at Scott's by noon or so. Will the traffic be so bad that early in the day?

Ray

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
I talked with Pete at the Smoke House in Monteagle about our lodging and he is going to give us a discount when you mention the engrave-in if we can get 10 people to stay there...
They have clean and nice rooms and cabins and a good old country restaurant...
check out their website...
If you get there sat. they may be having live music and the food is fine...
For lodging dial: (800)489-2091
http://www.TheSmokeHouse.com/
We will be there and hope to see Ya'll...
Jerry and Joan

KatherinePlumer

Elite Cafe Member
I'll be there. And while you all are over there in that part of the country, you should really head over to Atlanta between June 8 and 10 and check out the Blade Show, because some of us will be exhibiting there. :)

-Katherine

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Been real busy lately, but doing work on the Engrave-In as well.

For Seminars this year we have Kurt Horvath and Joseph.

Joseph, whose artistic talents go across many spectrums, including a stint as Master Engraver for Winchester, will be show us How to Engrave with a Rock, a Rusty Nail, and Old 2x4. His passion for the art led him to get back into it after a long period away from it, and is doing some great things with the simplest of tools available to him in his current home of Mexico. You will also have an oppurtunity to buy a copy of his book "A Gifted Man" and get him to sign it.

Kurt Horvath, one America's finest engravers, will be talking about his early training in Belgium and hammer and chisel techniques he learned there. We also may be able to twist his arm about some other subjects he excels in as well, including Italian bulion.

There a couple of other interesting guests who are expected to attend, but I can't announce them until they arrive. Looking forward to seeing everyone,
Scott

pilkguns

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just a review of attendees. Please look over and let me know if you are coming and not on the list, or a bringing someone with you. I need to get an accurate count for food.

PLEASE let me know ASAP if you are showing up Saturday or Sunday Morning early to help setup

Simon Lytton
Loyd McConnell
Ray Cover
Rachel Cover
Kim Cover
Mark Simpson
Tom Baldwin,
Jerry & Joan Seymour
Brian Talbert and the cannon crew
Fred Marrinan
Roger and Kathi Bleile
Joe Mason
Tom Little
Jim Hall and crew
Johnny Schipp
Brian Powley
Don Cowles
Kerry Bogan
David Broadwell and Juanita

Mark P
Brian and Sonja
Chris Malouf
Paul and Gloria Hamler
Joyce Carroll
Kurt Horvath
Cloudy
Joseph
Ian Morrison
Jeff Miller
Joe Rundell
Boyd Goldsby
CJ Allen and Sara
Sallie Nardone
Wilson Manceaux and Joan
Fred Stallings
Mike Fennell
Katherine Plummer

maybes
Ron and Liz Smith
Weldon Lister

SAturday or sunday workers list
Mike Fennell
Cloudy

Last edited:

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Plans aren't concrete yet Scott, but I hope to make it. It would be just myself, arrival Sunday afternoon/evening.

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sorry, but I will not be there...things changed with my schedule.

Bill Moody

Harpuahound

Elite Cafe Member
Unfortunately, to many obstacles have popped up and I wont be able to come. Im sure Im missing a great time. Have fun everybody!

Latest posts

Sponsors