English Scroll

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Hi all,
I was just sitting on the porch this morning drinking coffee and reading old threads, and ran across a lengthy thread encouraging Marcus to develope a tutorial on cutting English Scroll. Did anything like this ever come about? I looked on GRS and didn't see anything. Just curious.

Thanks

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bram,

I looked again on your link back to Martens, his work is absolutely stunning, inspiring, and the cutting is superb! Thanks again for this reminder. He really makes those big 2 and a half turn scrolls work so well in this masterwork.

best

Rod

Last edited:

thughes

Yeah, I know there are lots of fabulous photos around. It was 2or3 years ago and folks were talking about a tutorial/step kinf of thing. Just wondering how it's done.

Thanks

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I took a class in English scroll from Marcus at GRS a few years ago. He was developing a "kit" to be marketed through GRS, but I don't know if it ever came to fruition. Have you checked the GRS website?

thughes

Peter,
Yes sir I did, did not see anything on GRS. It's not a big deal, but I ran across the thread from 2 or 3 years ago where that "kit" was discussed. That's what made me ask the question. I certainly haven't mastered plain old "American" scroll, so it's not like I'm bored or anything, but I've always thought that the small scroll was a beautiful form.

Latest posts

Sponsors