English scroll for your help

Dale Hatfield

Elite Cafe Member
Sam
I use another forum that is not engraving related. That all photos must be uploaded to forum owners server. Yes it hogs server space. But by doing so No red X's . The photo becomes property of the forum. Without any commercial rights. The photo being uploaded to a users file and it stays their. That way this type of thing doesn't happen. Makes the forum a repository of information that is shared forever.
I don't believe any of the users here would have a problem with that as they are all very helpful. Free to share Photos and tips. If it were a cost thing I would be willing as I'm sure others would help defray server costs

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Sam
I use another forum that is not engraving related. That all photos must be uploaded to forum owners server. Yes it hogs server space. But by doing so No red X's . The photo becomes property of the forum. Without any commercial rights. The photo being uploaded to a users file and it stays their. That way this type of thing doesn't happen. Makes the forum a repository of information that is shared forever.
I don't believe any of the users here would have a problem with that as they are all very helpful. Free to share Photos and tips. If it were a cost thing I would be willing as I'm sure others would help defray server costs

Dale: I realize what you're saying but I'm also a member of other forums and I personally prefer to host my own images when I post them in forums. I like having control over my images. I'm not sure it's a good idea to have uploading to our server as the only option. Yeah, it would help with missing images...no argument there.

As for defraying server costs, that's what Pledge Membership is all about. As of today we have have 71 Pledge Members which greatly helps with forum operating costs, and I'm grateful for every one of them.

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
I got nothing. Isn't there any way to put this up on the forum directly????????? Useless otherwise!!!

Latest posts

Sponsors